Machines

~2 days later~~June 26th~

Rhodey was not expecting to have an armful of crying Omega the minute he got off the elevator on the communal floor, blinking in surprise and rubbing her back. "Hey now. What's wrong?"

"I've been alone all morning." The brunette omega sniffled, burying her face in Rhodey's chest while the beta stroked her hair.

"Ah. One of those days, hm?" Rhodey left his bags on the floor and brought her to the couch, sitting down and holding her. "Where is everyone?"

"Clint's doing SHIELD stuff, Nat still isn't home, Steve and Bucky are off on training and paperwork, Bruce took the baby somewhere and Sam has group." She listed off, clinging to Rhodey.

"The baby? What baby? And where is Tony?" He asked, rubbing her back firmly and resting his cheek on her head.

"Tony kinda... Shothimselfwiththelaser. Andturnedintoababy." She spoke rapidly.

"He shot himself with that goddamm laser and turned into a baby?" Rhodey looked so done with life right now, groaning in aggravation. "Why does this not surprise me?"

"Cause it's Tony." She turned herself in his lap, sitting with her legs on either side of him and resting her forehead on his chest. "He is Tony and Tony does what he wants."

"And doesn't think of the consequences." Rhodey added, wrapping his arms around her tightly. "Well... Hopefully this will be fixed soon."

"He's been like this about a month now." Kayla admitted, inhaling the scent of one of her betas and relaxing.

"Oh god..." The dark male sighed, kissing her forehead. "You really were lonely, weren't you? This isn't your normal level of clingy after being home alone."

"M having a baby." She held Rhodey's face in her hands, looking at him seriously.

"That's wonderful." He smiled at her, turning his head slightly to kiss her palm. "I take it no one else knows or they wouldn't have left."

"Nope. Just you and me." The omega shook her head. "There's a lot going on and I don't want to add to it."

"Don't think like that. It would make everyone happy to hear about it." Rhodey scolded, frowning at her and making sure she looked at him. "A baby is a huge deal with packs. It means it's been blessed to expand and gain another member."

"Okay, Rhodey." She agreed softly, resting her head in the crook of his neck. "But for now, I'm focusing on Tony. Poor kid needs a lot of attention and affection."

"I bet. Howard was a shitty father." Rhodey scowled. "He was terrible."

"Tony has nightmares sometimes." She was upset about it. "All of us sleep in the same bed sometimes to help."

"Hopefully he stops having them." The beta hated how his best friend's childhood was.

"I hope so." She was tired, arms holding onto him.

~Few hours later~

Thor strode through the silent penthouse and down to the communal floor in search of his pack. "Friends Tony, Steve and Bucky? Omega Kayla? Betas?"