Awakening, and Another World

High up on a tatami mat high up in the clouds, two beings sat across from each other at a small table. One of them was an elderly man with long white hair and a long white beard. He wore glasses and olive-green kimono with a brown overcoat. In front of the man sat a Japanese tea cup with the kanji for "God" on it. The boy sitting across from "God", was a young man with shaggy black hair and unique violet eyes. He wore a simple red t-shirt and blue pants. He appeared to be rather messy, almost homeless. Currently, the boy sat staring at the cup of green tea the elderly man had poured for him. The elderly man sighed, before he finally spoke.

"I'm very sorry about this, but you're dead." He said bluntly.

The boy's only reaction was to blink.

"Well, not exactly dead; but you're currently in between life and death. You have a very resilient body, young man. You were hit by a train, yet you're still more or less okay. What an incredible will to live."

Hit by a train? Oh, the boy remembered now. He'd been dragged into some gang fight, and then gotten pushed out onto train tracks.

"I see." The boy said quietly, shifting his gaze to stare at the elderly man, "So, I take it that you're God?"

The elderly man smiled.

"More or less." He said with a light chuckle, "Since it seems that you know who I am, would you please tell me your name?"

The boy nodded.

"Ren. Just Ren, no surname."

The elderly man, God, nodded.

"Of course. Ren." God said, "I must say though, you're surprisingly calm about this. I thought you might panic at little when you heard you were basically dead."

Ren picked up the tea cup.

"To be completely honest, this doesn't feel real. No offense, but you're not exactly what I pictured 'God' to look like."

The elderly man didn't even look bothered by Ren's blunt comment, he only nodded.

"On another note; if I am dead, then there's no point in complaining about it."

God nodded.

"You're being judicious about this."

Ren took a sip of tea, he rather enjoyed the taste.

"Even though I lived a rough life I never thought I'd die at the age of fifteen, though." Ren said as he set his cup down, "So, is this the part where I receive eternal damnation for all my sins in Hell or do I miraculously get to be sent to Heaven?"

God chuckled.

"No, you'll be resurrected at once."

Ren twitched slightly.

"Really?" He asked, sounding slightly suspicious, "What's the catch?"

There was always a catch, living life on the streets had taught him that. As good as being brought back to life sounded, there had to be something he wasn't being told. God wrapped his hands around his tea cup.

"Just, well...."

Here came the catch.

"We can't bring you back to life in the world you came from. Those are the rules." God explained, "So I'd like to bring you back to a different world."