Oedo, and the Immortal Gem

Ren, Yae, Linze, Elze, Yumina, Kohaku, and Leen all took in the sights of the forest that they all had just arrived in. At the edge of the forest were what appeared rice fields. To Ren, Eashen definitely looked like feudal Japan.

"So, where are the ruins?" Ren asked Leen.

"I don't know the location. Only that they're the 'Niruya Ruins'."

Well, that was a great help.

"Niruya?" Yae questioned, "Hmm... My father might know."

"Then let us make haste to see him." Leen said as she grabbed Yae's wrist and began running.

"Hold on, Leen-dono!"

Elze pursed her lips as she watched.

"Why is that girl leading us?" She asked.

It was like Charlotte said, Leen did as she pleased. Following Yae out of the forest, the group stopped at a ledge.

"That's my hometown, Oedo!" Yae presented.

Home city seemed to fit it better. Thousands of houses stretched for miles. As they walked down the street, Ren took in the sights. Everyone wore kimonos and sandals, it was like being in an old traditional Japanese samurai movie.

"Yae, is Eashen ruled by a king, or do you call him the emperor?"

"It's an emperor; and technically, yes, but each region is effectively governed by its lord."

It was like feudal Japan.

"What's the name of this region's lord?" Leen asked.

"Tokugawa Ieyasu."

Scratch that, it was like feudal Japan was copied and pasted in this world.

"What's that?" Elze asked.

The thing she was looking at was a covered seat being carried by two men.

"What are they doing?" Linze asked.

"They're called kagoya. You pay the men to ride in the seat, and they take you where you want to go."

"Ren, those people over there are wearing wooden shoes!" Yumina said in surprise.

Wooden shoes?

"Those are called geta." Ren told her.

Yae turned to him.

"You're very knowledgeable for someone born outside of Eashen, Ren-dono."

"It's like I told you before, I come from a place very similar to here."

Yae nodded and looked around, noticed the sad looks on some people's faces.

"Still, something seems odd." She mused.

After walking for a bit longer, the group arrived at an estate. Sliding the doors open, Yae went in.

"Is anyone home?" She called.

"Yes, coming." A voice answered.

A young woman, maybe the same age as Yae, with brown hair in two low with red ribbons tied in and light brown eyes wearing a yellow kimono with an apron appeared at the inner door. Noticing Yae, her face lit up.