Moving, and a Dragon

Ren and the girls stared in awe at the sight before them. It was unbelievable to say the least, and surprising.

"They're giving me this?" Ren asked as he stared at the building in front of him, "This is huge!"

Indeed, the house was large, but thankfully not as large as the Duke's own mansion. However, it was still at least three stories and several fountains; not to mention the enormous flowerbeds located around it.

"So you received this instead of knighthood?" Yae questioned as the group began walking to the double doors at the entrance.

Ren nodded.

"I went to decline the offer, and the next thing I knew, I was offered this mansion."

To be honest, he'd been surprised at the offer.

"Perhaps this was their goal from the start?" Linze offered.

"They got you good." Elze said.

Ren nodded.

"Definitely. The King's a crafty man, that's for sure."

"It's quite a lovely home." Yumina commented as she held Kohaku.

The group opened the doors. It was just as big on the inside as it was on the outside, not to mention the décor was nice as well.

"It's nice and all, but it seems excessive for just five people and a white tiger to live in."

Yae, Elze, and Linze spun around in surprise.

"Huh?" They asked.

"What?"

Ren didn't see what the girls were so surprised about.

"Uh, Ren-dono..." Yae questioned, "Is it all right for us to live here with you?"

"Yes...." Ren still didn't see what the problem was.

"But this house was a gift to you from the King." Elze spoke up, "So wasn't it meant for you and Yumina to live in?"

Linze spoke next.

"If it's a home meant for two people who love each other, it doesn't seem right for us to live here, too..."

Ren felt his cheeks heat up.

"W-Well, if that's what you're all worried about..." He said, "I value all of you the same, and you're pretty much family."

He then noticed Yae, Elze, and Linze were all red in the face.

"Are you guys okay?" Ren asked.

"I-I'll go look at the second floor!" Elze exclaimed as she turned and bolted.

"A-And I'll go look at the attic!" Linze stuttered as she took off.

"I-I-I am curious about the kitchen, as well." Yae stammered as she too took off.

Ren watched as the three girls disappeared. Had he said something wrong?

"I see." Yumina said quietly, "You value all of us the same, like family. I suppose that's a step forward."

Yumina turned to Ren.

"I, too, hope to be your bride and share my life with you, Ren." She said, "I have no intention of monopolizing you, so this is acceptable, too."