~2~

~2~

I somehow managed to stop crying. I didn’t even try to draw anything anymore. We were all in the car once again; they had finished the “other” mission, whatever it was. I sat in the back, very hungry. My stomach growled at me, “oh, shut up,” I yelled at my own stomach. It was very quiet in the car. So I was pretty sure that Jake and the other agent must have heard me yell at my own stomach. And they did because Jake asked, “Twyla are you yelling at your stomach????”

“No, maybe, ok I was. You guys took me away right when I was about to eat and I only drank my glass of juice! So now you have to feed me, I feel like I’m going to die!” I said jokingly, putting my arms around my hungry stomach.

“Oh yeah sorry about that, Alright then what do you want to eat before we get back to headquarters?” Jake asked me.

“Um— I don’t know,” I muttered, but before I knew it they were at a drive through, a McDonalds, drive through.

“We’re just going to get you something simple, alright?” Jake said.

“Alright then,” I said in confusion.

“Good evening, may I take your order?” said a lady through the microphone/screen.

“Yeah, can I have two one dollar cheeseburgers, milk, and apples, Please?” said Jake.

“No problem that would be $5.50.”

The car lurched forward, and Jake drove up to the first window and handed the women the money. He went forward one more time, and another person held out a bag, that said, “McDonald's” and a design on it. He handed it to Jake.

“Have a good evening, sir,” said the McDonald's worker.

“Thanks, you to!” Jake exclaimed. They started to drive off back onto the main road. Jake handed it to the other agent and whispered, “Give it to Twyla.” The other agent, who I still didn’t know his name, turned around and gave me the bag, “Here eat it,” he said.

“Thank you so much!” I exclaimed. I opened the bag and pulled out one of the small one dollar cheeseburger. I brought it up to my mouth and started eating it; I finished that one then pulled out the other cheeseburger.

Something caught my eye outside the window, the full moon shined so brightly in the night sky. I could see the clouds floating in the sky, and the moon lighting up the top part of the clouds, it looked like a painting. The fog had lifted just a bit to see the moon. I wished my parents could see it too, but they were probably at home worrying about me, I thought. I finished up my two cheeseburgers, apples and gulped down the milk.

I burped.

“Oops, sorry about that!” I said accidentally burping when I finished the milk.

“It’s alright, it happens quite often to everyone,” Jake said laughing at the end of his sentence with his friend. I looked out the window and saw a huge building, and a sign saying, “FBI Headquarters.” A couple minutes we pulled into the parking lot. They parked the car, and turned it off. Both agents got out and so did I. Once I stepped out I realized that I didn't have a coat or shoes. The cold hard cement floor was so cold.

I sneezed, “Oh no I hope I don’t get sick,” I murmured to myself under my own breath. Jake turned around.

“TWYLA, IT’S COLD OUT HERE, YOU…” Jake yelled at me. Instead he scooped me up into his arms, trying to keep me warm.

“I what?” I said.

“Nothing never mind, let’s take you inside where it’s warm,” Jake said quietly. We all walked into headquarters. I was still in his arms. I laid my head down on his shoulder. Once we entered the building, Jake had pulled out his FBI card and swiped it into the card slider. The door opened and everyone inside had been so happy they were saying, “Where were you?” or “What took so long, Jake?”