Paid Off-Meanie/Gyuhao

----------

Mingyu opens the door to his house and steps inside. It had been a rainy Saturday, leaving his clothes and hair partially wet, from both sweat and rain as he'd just left the gym. He strips himself from his shoes in the foyer and pulls his hoody off too. Upon entering the living room he spots his boyfriend, Minghao sitting on the sofa. He didn't expect anyone to be here as his parents were still at work. Mingyu grins at him and heads towards the stairs, making it his first priority to get out of the damp clothes he's wearing. Minghao patiently waits for him, staring down at his phone for no particular reason. When Mingyu comes back after a shower, now in dry sweats and a tee-shirt, he plops next to Minghao.

"Hey baby." Mingyu leans forward to kiss him but Minghao turns his head a bit and puts his hand against Mingyu's chest, pushing him away.

"What's wrong?" Minghao looks up at him with no readable expression written on his face.

"We have to break up, Mingyu." Mingyu freezes. To say he's confused is an understatement. He stares at the younger for any signs that he was joking, but nothing.

"What?" He croaked out, barely above a whisper. His voice was barely audible but the sadness laced within it was, no doubt, louder that anything.

"Why? Is it me? I'll change, I swear. Whatever I did, I'll fix it. Hao please..." Of course he naturally assumes that it's his fault. That isn't how his mindset used to be, it became instilled in him. He used to be very confident, but at one point he was made to feel inadequate, like he didn't matter. Made to feel that whenever anything went wrong, it was his fault. And believed all of it.

"Mingyu. It's not yo-"

"Don't hit me with that bullshit Hao. Why are you breaking up with me?" His voice came out shakier than he would have liked it to, he didn't want to cry in front of him and seem weak, but he just might.

"I don't love you Mingyu. In fact, I never did." Minghao shrugs a bit, not really understanding the weight of the situation. He had no idea the emotional impact he has on Mingyu, so he's unbothered by it all.

"You seriously can't expect me to believe that." Mingyu's more confused than anything. He thought they seemed fine.

"You should, because it's the truth. I don't love you Mingyu, I never did. I was paid to go out with you. I don't mean to sound so heartless, but that's the only way you'll listen to me. I was paid it was only supposed to last a few weeks, but I kept getting paid. I'm not sure why they were so pressed on us being together but."

"So then why would you agree to it? You could have said no, you had a choice you always had a choice. Any other circumstance, you do what you want but now you're listening to someone else? And why would you still stay?" By this point, Mingyu's starting to get angry.

"You can't tell me that you spent a whole year and a half with me and never caught real feelings. I don't believe that. I was always so good to you, you couldn't have only stayed because of the money." Minghao sighed.

"I wish I could tell you that I did have feelings for you, but I never did. Listen I don't know the whole story, you should probably talk to Wonwoo. He's the one that paid me, I don't know why he needed me to be with you so bad. I tried to get out of it but he kept raising the pay and begging me, I don't know what he got out of this, I just know my part. Uh...I'm gonna go. See ya." Minghao pat's Mingyu's knee before standing up and slipping his shoes on, leaving the apartment and Mingyu's life. Mingyu just sits there trying to think of any reason why Wonwoo would do that, but nothing made any sense to him. After a few minutes, his phone buzzed in his pocket. He ignores it, with no intention to speak with anyone for a while, but it keeps vibrating. He pulls it out too see that Wonwoo texted him.