Chapter 34

Honestly, I didn't want to go to school today. I knew for a fact that Brendon would be subbing for my math teacher today, which meant that he had an excuse to see me today. I was now on my way to school, wishing that I faked sick or something along that line. I know that I was too old to do that stuff, but still. My parents wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Now, you must be wondering how I know that Brendon would be subbing for my math teacher today. Well, every time the school needs a sub or something like that, they call the church. We're such a bad school, behavior wise, that no one dares to sub for us. The only person who seemed to handle this stuff well was Brendon, so the school always relies on him and some of the other priests. But since we only need one sub today, it was going to be him. 

Soon enough, I was standing on school grounds, waiting for some of my friends to show up. I was a little early, though. Not even the supervisors were out to watch us. I was actually alone out here, except for Lenny, the school's weirdo. Trust me, he's beyond weird. I shivered as I watched that 'oh, so familiar' car pull in front of the school. I was right. He was going to sub today. 

Eighth period. The class that basically concludes the day. And sadly, for me, it was math. I slowly walked down the hall, hoping that time would somehow speed up in some way. But, nothing goes my way. Why would God work with a girl like me? I sighed, walking into the class I wasn't looking forward to at all, seeing that Brendon was already looking at me. "Good afternoon, Chloe." I rolled my eyes. "Hello, Mr. Urie." He chuckled as I walked past him, making my way to my seat. Someone needs to save me from this living hell.