PART II: Chapter 1

Ever since Mr. McAtee and I had that little chat about Brendon the other day, it felt like my world had been cleaned. 

Like, everything around me had seemed to disappear. Well, whatever was bothering me, that is. Anyway, I was now at home, watching the news as I waited for my parents to get home.

While I was in Mr. McAtee's office the other day, we came up with a plan. A plan that would stop this little 'cult' idea from happening. Of course, I've been nervous as hell about it since we have no idea if this will work or not.

Anyway, my parents just pulled up, which gave me a reminder to get my butt off the couch and get moving before they get inside the house.

I quickly turned off the tv, then ran into the kitchen, beginning to wash the dishes that were supposed to be washed an hour ago. 

The door opened and my dad's sigh, which echoed the room, allowed me to know what mood he was in. "Hi, mom. Hi, dad." They walked into the kitchen, my mom softly smiling at me. 

"Hi, Chloe. How was your afternoon? Sorry, we were late. We got stuck in traffic on the interstate." I nodded, wiping off some of the left over food on the plate.

"It was good, actually. I finished my homework and had a little time to relax." My mom smile grew wider than before as she sat down at the kitchen table.

"Well, that's good. You need all the rest you can get." I furrowed my eyebrows, unsure as to what she meant by that.

I mean, I know that I complain a lot about not having any rest time after school, but I have been getting enough sleep, so that makes up for me. 

"What is the cryptic answer for, mom?" She looked at me, then eyed my dad, who was walking into the living room with an angry expression.

"We weren't really stuck in traffic, Chloe." Of course, my parents probably sinned in the back of the car since that's practically what they always do, since they tell me not to have sex.

"Instead, your dad and I decided to go and look for houses. We talked to a realtor last week and decided that this town is starting to get a bit...too much for us."

Here we go, again. Always late to knowing things, so I basically have no say in this. "What do you mean by 'a bit too much for you guys'? Its nice and quiet, just like you guys like it. Plus, you have so many friends here!" 

My mom shushed me, then shook her head. "Its not about us." I furrowed my eyebrows, curious as to what she was going to say next.

"Its about you, darling. We find that you seem to keep getting yourself into trouble a bit too much." I rolled my eyes.

"Ok, so go ahead and pull the typical parent in movies. Listen, when was the last time I had trouble? Months ago, mom. We don't need to move because of me. That's too troubling to have on my conscience."

She sighed, then looked over to my dad, who was now reading the news paper. "We'll think about it. Just stay out of trouble."

I pursed my lips and gave a curt nod, before walking upstairs. Fucking Brendon. Its his fault. Now, I'm gonna lose more friends since I have to move. 

I'm gonna love telling them that we're moving because of me. I can't wait to put this plan into action. He's gonna pay for this.