Chapter 93

Walking home alone, I continued to mentally stop myself from screaming my brains out. I couldn't deal with all this cryptic shit Brendon was doing. 

I sighed, hoping that whatever he was trying to tell me was fake. If I'm being completely honest, though, I really wanted to run away.

Sure, running away from your problems never helps, but at the moment, it just seemed right to me. Once I got to the front door, I pulled my house key out of my pocket, shoving it into the key hole.

My parents wouldn't be home until late tonight and I wasn't happy about it. They always lie about what they're doing when they go to work. Like I've said before, they always tell me not to sin when they're out sinning the night away.

I laughed to myself, shaking my head at the very thought of it. Closing the door behind me, I threw my key on the table, then placed my backpack down next to the couch.

I, of course, wasn't planning on doing my homework until later. Instead, I sat down, placing my feet on the coffee table.

I scrolled through Instagram, but soon stopped once I got a DM. I furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding why someone would DM me.

I clicked on the little arrow in the corner, then looked at the person who DMed me. Instagrammer_274? Who the hell is that?

I opened the chat, carefully reading over what they had sent me.  As I continued reading it, I soon realized that this was Brendon. Easily. 

He said something of the sort like this: "Hello, Chloe. Obviously, you didn't like my gift to you today, but that's ok. I've got a surprise for you tomorrow. Except, I can't really tell you the gift's purpose until you're out of school. Lots of love, B."