25. Bargains and Deals.

Two updates in 24 hours. I'm totally invested in this story :P

Dan:

Luc has found his mate. I couldn't have been happier. There was always this lingering fear in me that Luc will have my bad luck. But he has carried himself well over the years something I'm ashamed of admitting that I couldn't do.

He brought his mate home last evening. I got caught up with some paper works and by the time I returned home, there was hardly anyone awake. Well my mom was awake, waiting to feed me. I don't think she understands how old I am. It's embarrassing sometimes the things mom thinks she can still do to me, feed me, straighten my hair and the scariest of them all.... kiss me in public. Ever since I started staying at the mansion again, she has stopped behaving cautiously around me. She thinks I'm all happy emojies now that I have apparently found my mate. I still haven't confirmed it to the family so it's all speculation anyways.

Ethan returned last night from NorthBrook where he was helping Luc's mate Cara's father to finish the paper-works there so he could bring them over to me. That's what I have been working on since morning. Cara will be new to the family and I don't want any inconvenience when it comes to her family settling down in Bluewood. Once the papers are done, they can own property in Bluewood.

.

I put the last file away and folded my hand on my desk. My mate's scent was drifting closer. I trained my eyes to the door of my cabin so I can watch her as soon as she enters.

I sent Ethan to get Anna to my office. I don't remember asking him to come along but as the door opened, to my disappointment his face was the first thing I saw. I had to tilt my head to look behind Ethan. I smiled at the sight of her. She looked away awkwardly as if caught doing something wrong. I have to teach her that there's nothing wrong in wanting to look at your own mate.

All in the right time, I assured my wolf. We will reach that point eventually.

"Have a seat" I nodded at the chair across me.

She hesitantly did as I asked "Why did you call for me?"

"I'll get there as soon as he gets out of here" I pointed at Ethan.

"He can stay" she said.

"He's not that much of a shield you know" I smirked at her nervousness "If I decide to mark you this moment, there wouldn't be much he can do to help you"

"You wouldn't do that" she challenged.

"See. We are making progress" I smiled "It's nice to know that my mate trusts me"

She quickly looked away.

So she does really trust me. My wolf purred in satisfaction.

"I'll be outside" Ethan said as he walked out and shut the door after him.

"Now that he's gone, can I know why I'm here?" she looked discretely around the room. I let her take her time. She'll have to get used to the idea of having me around her without a middleman.

"My wolf wanted to see you" I replied, leaning back comfortably against my chair.

Her eyes snapped back to me "What kind of an excuse is that?" she hissed.

I smiled. That was the exact reaction I was expecting. It's good to know that she's still the little girl I once knew. She hasn't changed.

"How's that an excuse?" I cocked a brow "It's a valid reason. You've lived among wolves all your lives. You should know how impatient we get to see our mates......to touch them" I drawled.