29. His claim.

Dan:

My mate hasn't talked to me since that day last week. The time that she was supposed to give to me and me alone is now shared by my entire family. Every alternate day when I return home, I find her with my family and she leaves in thirty exact minutes. Didn't take me long to realize her intention. She doesn't want me to talk to her. She doesn't want me to touch her. All I can do is take sneaky peeks at her and its driving me to the edge. I'm a bad moment away from snapping.

"Dan" I turned my attention to my mom.

Its Saturday and mom is in my room early in the morning. There better be a very good reason.

"Yeah?"

"You aren't paying attention" she smiled sweetly at me.

"What do you want mom?"

My mom thinks she can still get me to do things by acting all cute. Who am I kidding, it works every time.

"You are going to LakeFound aren't you?"

I nodded "I already told you last night"

"So....ummm....." I frowned at her hesitance. If you know my mom, you know she doesn't hesitate at anything. She just demands the head out of people.

"Its business mom" I informed her hoping she wouldn't ask to accompany me. The family thinks I have hidden my mate in LakeFound.

"No" she yelled a little too eagerly "That's not what I wanted.... I mean Anna was saying, not me Anna...." She had my attention now "You know Violette is having a hard time adjusting here"

I nodded not understanding what Violette has to do with this. Cara and her family shifted to their new home this week. The initiation was done on Monday and they are officially a part of Bluewood now.

"She left her mate's memories behind" I said "Of course she'll need time to adjust"

"Exactly. You know how NorthBrook is right next to LakeFound" she said eagerly "Can you take Violette to visit her old pack? You can drop her off and bring her back when you are done with your meeting. The girl needs some breathing space. I bet this new environment is overwhelming her. She...."

I wasn't exactly paying attention to her words all I could understand was that it was my mate's idea.

"Sure" I cut short mom's monologue of how pitiful Violette was "Tell her I leave at ten"

Mom's mouth hung open.

"Don't act all dramatic mom, I'll change my mind and you will be the one to be blamed for that" I warned.

"No no no....I'll leave. I'll leave" she stood right up from my couch and walked hastily out of the room muttering "just like his father....grumpy men.....Goddess my life"

I rolled my eyes after her. I guess they had another of their infamous arguments.

__________

"Will it be okay if I pick you up a little after dusk?" I asked Violette as we neared NorthBrook. It has been raining incessantly since last night and I don't want to trouble her. She has been sitting silently in the passenger seat of my car for over an hour which is a refreshing change from having Ethan eat my head off with his constant lectures.

"Of course Alpha" She nodded; I couldn't help but note a hint of anger in her tone that she was trying hard to dilute.

"Did I do something to offend you?" I asked.