26. The Wood brothers.

Six months.

That's the amount of time I have to make Dan fall in love with Voilette. After the deal with Dan, I went to the mansion to get to know her better. I need to do my homework well in order to win.

The more I talked to her, the more I realized how perfect she is for him. She's beautiful, confident, loving and kind. I'm confident that had Dan been a human, he would have fallen for a woman like her. She's also a teacher just like Aunt Eva and is joining the pack's school soon. Remember what they say, 'A man is naturally attracted women who remind him of his mother'. Like I said, she'll fit right into his life and he'll forget all the sorrow that let up to this day. He'll after all live a long life, a lot longer than me. So it's only the beginning for him.

"What are you looking at?" I frowned at Ethan.

We were sitting at one of the many scattered couches at the living room of the Alpha mansion. The women are busy in the kitchen where I'm banned from entering because apparently being pregnant makes you useless. Luc's out with Cara and Violette to show them around. So it's basically an empty hall right now.

"I'm trying to figure out which one of you is stupider" He wondered out loud.

"Between Dan and I?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Are you allowed to say that about him?"

"He isn't here is he?" he rolled his eyes.

"If you think I'm stupid, why are you on my team?" I asked.

"Whoa! Hold on" he dragged his butt closer to where I was sitting "Who said anything about being on your team?"

I narrowed my eyes in confusion "Didn't you bring Violette here because you want her to be your Luna?"

Ethan smiled "She's perfect, isn't she?"

"Yeah and you brought her to Bluewood, you are a co-conspirator here. So you'll help me in making them fall in love" I whispered leaning towards him to keep my decibels to minimum.

Ethan leaned away and silently looked at me for a few seconds before nodding to himself "Yeah! Thank goddess; Dan's not the stupider one between the two of you"

I glared at him "Are you in this or not?"

He sighed "Who am I, Anna?"

"Ethan?"

"I'm the freaking Beta of this pack"

"I know" I nodded not getting his point.

"My job is to assist the Alpha and to take care of the pack in his absence" he said.

"Okay?"

"The absence of an alpha doesn't mean just his physical absence it's also when he's unable to work to the best of his capacity" he explained "And what did I tell you about mates?"

"That they are a part of your soul?" I replied obediently, genuinely interested in what he was getting at.

"Exactly" he said "When that part of your soul rejects you, you are bound to lose your mind. It will take some time to get used to the idea that you have to live without your mate for the rest of your life. So when you reject Dan, guess what happens?"

"The pack will be in chaos" I muttered slowly.

"There you go" he nodded "You both are only looking at each other because right now you can't see anything else, think of anything else, the pull does that to you, its natural. No matter how efficient Dan is as an Alpha, when it comes to you, he's a confused mess. And that's where I come in. The only team I'm playing for is my pack because it's my duty to protect it. So, I'm preparing for every possible scenario hoping one of them will work and maybe we can actually avoid permenant damage"