27. All her pleasure and her pain.

Dan:

"This is creepy" my mate scrunched her nose as she wrapped her arms around her knees and dragged them closer to her body.

"Mmm...hmm?" I raised a brow trying to hide my smirk unsuccessfully.

It's so easy to rile her up. We are at the lake and all I am doing is looking at her without a word and she's reacting on her own.

"Stop staring" she hissed.

"I thought we had a deal" I said innocently "Half an hour every alternate day, remember?"

"Yeah but if you keep on wordlessly staring at me, I feel like I'm a Madame Tussauds piece" She argued.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked immediately not wanting to lose the opportunity of learning more about her.

"Uh....I don't know" she shrugged "about the people around us?"

"We can talk about you" I smiled.

"Or we can talk about Luc" she suggested a little too quickly.

I had to narrow my eyes at that. Why does she want to talk about Luc? Have they ever been more than friends? My mind raced. My wolf is barely controlling itself from snapping the human's head from his shoulder.

"What about Luc?" my voice came out harsher than I intended it to.

"He found his mate" she said.

"Does that upset you?"

"What?" She leaned back to frown at me "Why would that upset me? I'm just so happy he found Cara"

I relaxed inwardly. I can be really stupid at times. I'm not a teen, why am I suddenly getting jealous of any man my mate's associated with?

"Yeah" I nodded "It was a great relief"

She smiled "I was starting to get worried for him. Cara's a sweetheart"

"She's a good person" I agreed still looking at her.

The beauty of the situation we are in is making wolf giddy. Sitting by the lake at sunset and discussing the happiness of our pack. If this is what I've waited for all my life, then it was worth every moment of the wait. My wolf and I have never been so much at peace. I feel so complete.

"I know right. Her sister raised her well. Speaking of her sister, that woman is so perfect" Her eyes gleamed "Gosh! I'm so jealous of her"

"You shouldn't be" I said tracing the lines of the pout on her lips with my eyes "You are beautiful. No one can be as perfect as you"

I heard her inhale sharply and looked up to meet her conflicted gaze. Goddess! She is so beautiful with the gush of heated red splattered across her otherwise pale skin. The haze of confusion in her eyes was shamelessly making me crave a bed and everything warm.

"You aren't paying attention" She muttered.

My wolf growled softly in response. I looked away quickly to calm us down. 'We can't mark her' I kept chanting in my head.

"Are you okay" she asked unsurely.

"Yeah!" I looked back at her "What were you saying again?"

She frowned "Violette"

"What violet?" I asked looking around to spot what violet she was pointing at.

She slapped her forehead with her palm "Violette" She widened her eyes to emphasize her point "Cara's sister Violette? Remember?"