(7)Written with Blood and Ink

Written with Blood and Ink

Aurora's POV

We were called away from our conversations by Aetes.

Hemera and Nemesis led the way towards the foyer, Aetes following behind Trita and me. The eldest sister sighed; "I hope they caught something. You know how Dolos gets when there's nothing to be chased."

Nemesis merely nodded at Hemera's comment, but kept her eyes fixed forward. We entered the foyer, and as we stepped inside, two darkly dressed figures lifted their eyes up from their jagged knives and landed on our strange faces.

Dolos was the first one to speak, his voice deep like his brothers', but he was definitely younger. His face was youthful, but beautiful. "Who the hell is this?" He pointed his dagger at Trita. He was a good distance away, but I still felt like I could measure the sharpness of the blade with merely my eyes.

"Dolos, behave yourself in front of our guests!" Hemera scolded him right off the bat; her patience with her disrespectful family members had run thin.

The young man's eyes were yellow- like Nyx's. They narrowed on us like we were his next prey. He looked intelligent, without a doubt, but his sister next to him looked far quicker than him. Her mouth was set in a thin line and she as looking us up and down with her grey eyes. The same grey as Momus and Hemera's.

Her complexion was darker, like Hypnos and Thanatos', but his was fairer, like the rest of them. She opened her mouth and it was deeper than I expected; "Guests?"

"Yes." Hemera lifted her brow at the two, as if her siblings had been replaced with wolves. She pulled me closer; "This is Aurora."

"My, my..." Dolos whispered and scanned me from head to toe. I narrowed my eyes. He looked rather interested. "It's a shame; seems the real prey was here all along."

I opened my mouth to explain to him how manners were always attractive, but a deep voice beat me to it. "Krata ta glikologa gia kamia alli." Thanatos was strolling down the stairs, his black cape dragging behind him.

It was Greek, I was certain of it. Over the course of the last five years, Thanatos had tried to teach me a bit of Greek here and there. I tried to pick up what he was saying, but it was still a bit too difficult. I guessed that it had to be something along the lines of- 'Save the sweet talk'.

The young man across from me nearly had a mild heart-attack; his eyes popped open and his mouth dropped with shock. Apate's eyes widened with just as much astonishment, but quickly she composed herself. It seemed like she was almost afraid to be caught off guard. Strange; she was surrounded by family, yet she didn't act that way?

"T-Thanatos?" Dolos asked with wonder. The darker twin stepped off the stairs and smirked like evil himself. Hypnos lingered behind and watched his siblings' reactions. Apate blinked a few times, but quickly, as if giving herself the permission to be overjoyed, she dodged towards Thanatos and wrapped her arms around his neck. He squeezed her tightly and smiled. "Hello."

"Hi." She smiled back, but hid it quickly. I felt my own mouth lift up. It was cute, seeing Thanatos so attentive- like a father.

Dolos shot me a look of confusion and latched his eyes back onto Thanatos; "You're here? Why?"

"Do we need a reason to visit family?" Hypnos asked with a smile and embraced Apate as she let go of Thanatos and stepped towards the lighter twin.

Dolos scoffed. He wasn't buying it. "Tora imaste entaksi. You're here because of Moros." I didn't catch what he'd said, but I did see the glance he shot Hemera, looking for some form of confirmation.