(25)Rebuilding these Black Walls

I hope you all have been enjoying the series and the little symbolisms I've used throughout.

For instance, obviously the head of Medusa plays a big, pivotal role in this book, not only gesturing to the Gorgon sisters, but also to Nyx and Eris.

And here above, in the chapter's picture, we see Perseus holding the severed head of Medusa. She's defeated- once and for all.

What's been your favourite title or theme throughout this book?

Rebuilding these Black Walls

A week passed and Eris' mind had begun to slowly heal.

Nyx took no blame for what she'd allowed her daughter to do. She firmly believed that she'd done all she could to prevent it, but I didn't believe her and neither did any of her children.

She was removed as the head of the family; everyone wanted her gone. Eris didn't receive a vote and her opinion on the issue didn't matter. She was 'in recovery' and thus, wasn't in the right mental state to deliver a sane judgment.

Nyx had planned to use a weapon that could drain the immortality from an immortal being and transfer it to another. She'd intended on using it on her enemies to sustain her youth and beauty and to grant her more power. She was now seen as an enemy of the kingdom and banished to reside with her husband as a primordial being. She'd always been on Zeus' 'watch-list' and in turn, Apollo's too, but after this ordeal, her status as public-enemy number one shot through the roof.

A royal escort of guards took her back to Tundra to clear out her prized belongings. Soon, the ice palace would have a new owner and Nyx would be exiled.

After she'd cleared out her cherished possessions, Nyx had just stood in the center of the old lounge, staring at the fireplace with a blank expression. Her formerly fully occupied halls of drunken parties and the accompanying wild laughter rang in the back of her mind- reminding her of the seemingly luscious lifestyle she'd once had. It was a memory that tasted rather bitter, I assumed.

I stood behind her, silent as a mouse, but her spine had straightened when she'd felt my presence. "Are you happy?"

"That's a rather wide-ranging question."

Nyx couldn't help the small smile. She lifted her head and crossed arms; her eyes found the mantelpiece and then the small portrait of Erebus. "What will you do with all of these?"

There were many portraits, statues and old relics with both my father and my mother painted and sculpted on them. They were littered around the large palace. I shrugged and sighed; "I haven't given it much thought. You're free to take some."

"Some?"

"I would prefer to keep at least one of you both." I said softly and leaned against the door frame as she stared into the small, crackling fire.