Chapter 5

Yellow huffed as she looked at the messages she received when she entered Pokémon. They were pilling up as soon as it indicated she was online.

Yellow tapped the message button and sighed. She can't act like her real self. She has to act like a different person. Yellow started typing in a message and the conversation went as followed.

Red: hey yellow! I met your sister today at school and she's now stuck with me.

Yellow: yeah, she told me there was an annoyingly cheerful kid in class that won't stop spamming her.

Red: i don't spam

Yellow: ...right

Red: ;-; rude...

Yellow: not that i mind, but why are you messaging me? Did you need something?

Red: oh right! So Green, Blue and I are traveling but they went their separate ways to get stronger. Sooo...i was wondering...if you wanted to travel with me?

Yellow: ..you want me to travel with you?

Red: yeah! You seem like a nice person and i'd like to get to know you better.

Yellow: well uh..sure then.

Red: great! Im heading towards pewter city's gym see ya there!

Yellow: alright...

Yellow exited the chat and blinked. She seemed like a nice person? He really was weird...

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

"Hey Yellow!",Red waved as Yellow approached the gym. Yellow raised her arm a few inches to wave then dropped it as she reached Red.

Red looked different with a hat, actually his clothes made him look different in a way. More innocent? Childish?

He had a black sleeveless shirt with a red sweater that had white short sleeves. Blue pants and red shoes, his red orbs the same as usual.

"Oh! Before anything else...i think it'd be appropriate to introduce our pokémon to each other, don't you think?",Red asked smiling at her. Yellow blinked and nodded then reached for a small spherical object. She clicked the middle of the pokéball and it enlarged and with a swift motion the ball was in the air.

After a puff of smoke disappeared ChuChu appeared wearing her flower. Yellow smiled slightly and streched her arms out towards ChuChu who gladly jumped into her arms.

Yellow then turned to Red, about to introduce her pikachu to him but stopped when she caught Red staring at her face, more so her mouth. Yellow turned a bit pink as she averted her eyes. Why was her face heating up? She honestly hated the way Red made her feel...

"W-what?",Yellow asked as she unintentionally stuttered. Red blinked and shook his head then smiled at her. "Ah, sorry...that was probably creepy....you just have a nice smile. Even if it was a small one.",Red complimented which made the blonde blush more.

She had a nice smile? What a strange thing to say...

"Ah...thanks..",She mumbled quietly, incredibly glad that she had a hat to cover her face. Red nodded then with a smile looked at ChuChu. "So who's this?",He asked curiously.

"This is my partner...ChuChu. I've only ever had her since i joined the game",Yellow said as ChuChu smiled proudly. Sure, Yellow hasn't been in the game long but it was thanks to her that Yellow has made it this far.

Yeah..ChuChu is a bit overconfident. You can thank Yellow for that since the blonde constantly reminds ChuChu that it's thanks to her she's come a long way.

"And only her? Wow, she must be incredibly strong!...though i don't mean to insult how you do things, wouldn't it be safer to have another pokémon with you?",Red asked petting ChuChu who had somehow warmed up to the boy fast.

"..well yes...but...i..",Yellow says shifting a bit nervously. Red smiled, the way 'he' was acting was adorable. Don't tell him Yellow doesn't know how to catch pokémon?

"You...?",Red asked even though he probably knew the answer. Yellow tensed up a bit as her face went red, not from a blush or heat...more like from embarrassment.

"I...don't know how...to catch pokémon",Yellow mumbled quietly. Why would she? As stated before, Yellow was still new to the game. Sure she's had it for a while but it doesn't mean she likes to explore everything. She'd rather stay in her comfort zone.

And besides, she didn't want to catch pokémon so they could help her battle. No, she wanted to be friends with them. Red had been silent for a while though...was he shocked?

Yellow shyly looked up at him and immediately wanted to hit him. Red was holding back a laugh while his mouth kept twitching into a bigger smile.

"Look i get that it's funny so if you're going to laugh, laugh",Yellow said looking away from him. Red started laughing while shaking his head. "N-no! It isn't that. Trust me i've met others who don't know how to catch pokémon either! Its just that....you looked like a little kid who is embarrassed about wanting candy or something",he said still laughing.

Yellow's eyes widened slightly. She seemed like a child? No one had ever compared her to anything other than a lifeless object. In a way, Yellow should be offended. After all, Red did technically call her a child but if anything Yellow was more confused at the sensation in her throat. She then looked at Red who was still laughing and noticed how easily he did it.

Laugh. Is that what she wanted to do? Did she want to laugh? She didn't know how...she wasn't even sure her laugh would sound okay. After all it had been years since she last laughed. Yellow hugged ChuChu tighter with the former noticing Yellow's uneasiness.

ChuChu frowned. What was wrong with her? Did Red make her uncomfortable? If so then they should leave-

"So...once you're done laughing can ChuChu and I meet your pokémon?",Yellow asked surprising ChuChu. Red nodded and after a while he calmed down.

Red grabbed two small spherical objects similar to Yellow's. He threw his pokéballs in the air and after the puffs of smoke disappeared a pokémon similar to ChuChu appeared along with a green pokémon who had a plant on its back.

"Yellow, ChuChu, meet my two teammates pika and saur",Red said gesturing to the pokémon when their nicknames were called.

Bulbasaur happily growled out its name and Pikachu happily greeted ChuChu and Yellow.

Yellow smiled a bit as ChuChu jumped out of her arms so ChuChu could go socialize.
"Look! They're already getting along!",Red smiled.

Yellow nodded. She hoped traveling with Red would cheer ChuChu up when...

Yellow shook her head a bit. She needed to know if Red was a good enough person to see if she could leave ChuChu in his hands when that time comes.