Chapter 10

Red and Yellow entered Red's house to find it...empty. Red looked at Yellow "sorry yellow..i should've told you sooner but...i live alone",he says turning on the lights. "It's fine..",Yellow said suddenly feeling nervous. Maybe it was because she's never stayed over at a friend's house...?

Red grabbed Yellow's bag and set it down on a table then turned to her. "Show me",He says softly. Yellow looked at his eyes to find them patiently resting on hers. Yellow looked back down and hesitantly removed her sweater.

She was wearing a yellow t-shirt so you could still see her bruises and cuts. Yellow looked down as she felt Red's eyes trail to the bruises and cuts. Red could tell the cuts were self inflicted since they were in a straight line.

His eyes made their way towards her wrist where a barely healing bruise was. Red gently grabbed her wrist, being careful not to accidentally hurt her, and placed a small kiss on it.

Yellow's cheeks flushed pink immediately. What was he doing? Actually no, what was SHE doing? She actually did not mind the fact that Red did that even though she's not okay with physical contact. Thinking back on it she's hugged and held Red's hand before and she didn't mind it either. What did that mean?

"Yellow?"

Yellow's eyes drifted back to Red's which were now filled with sadness. Yellow felt herself frown. "Red? What's wrong-",she asked but was cut off by Red hugging her.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that by yourself...you don't deserve it",Red said burying his face into her hair. Yellow immediately hugged him back tightly. This time Red didn't ask questions. This time, Yellow didn't care that she cried again.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

After Yellow felt better Red helped bandage up her cuts and bruises. "Yellow...do you mind if i ask...when did this start?",he asked while patching her up.

Yellow's eyes drifted to the floor. She was a bit hesitant. Its not that she didn't trust him, she did! Heck Red was helping her right now how could she not trust him?

She just more afraid of what he'll think of her after finding out how easily she crumbled. "Yellow? You don't have to tell me you know",he said looking up at her since he was kneeling down to put the bandages on her.

"...when i was ten",Yellow said closing her eyes. She knew others had it worse than her, thankfully all her dad did was beat her and nothing else. She crumbled so easily after 5 years, she wasn't even sure if she should be proud of herself for holding out that long.

Red nodded some and looked back at the bandages. "Do you know why...?",he asked quietly.

"...my parents fell out of love when i was 6. They stayed together for my sake since they loved me back then. I guess my dad had enough and went to a bar to forget about us. He ended up coming home with other women that night and my mom stayed with me while I was blissfully unaware of everything....until i turned 10",She said looking at the floor.

"...what about your brother?",Red asked looking at her.

"............about that....."

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

"I feel both betrayed and thankful that it was you",Red said smiling at her. Yellow raised an eyebrow. "You're not mad?",she asked honestly curious. 

"Nah...you had your reasons. I can understand that...but do me a small favor",Red said smiling.
"What is it?",Yellow asked looking at him.

"Don't tell Green and Blue...i wanna see their reactions when they find out",Red said almost laughing at the thought.

Yellow blinked and nodded. She could at least do this small favor for him she guessed...

"Well we should get you to bed..we still have school tomorrow",Red said ruffling her hair causing Yellow to whine a bit. Fixing your hair when its in a ponytail is a pain in the butt.

Red smiled. "You can take my room for now...I'll see what bed i can get for you so you can stay in my spare room later on",he said as he guided Yellow to his room.

Was she going to fight him on this? No, would she? Yes. But she had a hunch Red wasn't taking no for an answer.

Yellow grabbed the door knob and was about to turn it but she turned to look at Red. "..thank you Red. For everything",She said smiling a bit. It was dark in the hallway but Red could faintly see her smile. Even if it wasn't a full smile, he was making it his goal to make her smile freely forever.

Red ruffled her hair again. "You're welcome...now go get some sleep",he said as he opened the door for her. Yellow nodded and entered then closed the door.
She got ready for bed and when she laid down on the bed she was hit by a sudden realization.

Everything here smelled like him. Yeah okay call her creepy or whatever but she hadn't realized that until now. Yellow closed her eyes and pulled the covers over her. She once again didn't mind though. He smelled nice, it made her remember about the times she was safe as a child.

Maybe that's why she's always so comfortable around Red. Maybe his smell reminded her that she could be safe again, even if it's not a home. She's safe with him.

She hopes it will stay like that, if not forever then just a little while longer. Yellow knew that her thought was selfish, but she could still dream right?

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Yellow and Red decided to tell Green and Blue about Yellow's new living conditions so there wouldn't be questions. They weren't very good at lying anyway, so why not get the truth out right?

Maybe that's why Yellow found herself being hugged to death by Blue and Green. Blue was crying, her small friend had gone through so much and she was so oblivious! How could she not suspect anything other than bullying?

Even Green had tears in his eyes. Yeah he knew Yellow was being bullied and he took care of that, which is why the younger female was no longer entering the class during lunch with new bruises.

They would be Yellow's new home if it came to that. They'll stay with her as long as she needs them.