Chapter 15

Yellow laid in her small bed and looked up at the ceiling. She looked at her walls that were mostly empty. She closed her eyes and remembered her childhood home.

Walls a light shade of yellow, filled with her childish drawings and toys filling the room. On the ceiling were white stars, but if you turned the lights off they would glow.

Yellow opened her eyes and looked at the clock. 2:57 AM. It was a saturday so she didn't have to worry about going to sleep immediately. Yellow wasn't able to sleep for some strange reason.

She sat up and looked at her empty walls. She got out of bed, her sweater sleeves covering her hands since the sweater was a bit too big. She walked towards the window that was placed facing the moon directly.

Yellow stared at it for a while then opened the window and slid the frame up. A cool breeze flew into the room and hit her face gently. Yellow closed her eyes and stayed there for a while.

So much had happened. So much in such a short amount of time. So many things that she never dreamed possible happened and it was all thanks to her friends. She was loved, she was safe and most importantly she was happy.

Everything was calm, and Yellow loved it. She didn't have to think, just listen to the December breeze fly in. It cleared away all her thoughts. It helped.

A soft knock on the door caused Yellow to open her eyes and looked at the door to see Red opening it slowly. Red smiled when he saw Yellow. He blushed a bit when he saw the moonlight on her face, she looked so peaceful and calm. It was adorable and beautiful at once.

"Can't sleep either?",He asked walking towards her. Yellow shook her head and looked back out the window. "No..I can't",she said staring at the night sky.

Yellow didn't flinch when she felt Red hug her from behind and rest his chin on her head. They were now staring at the sky together. They stayed like that for such a long time, Yellow almost felt her feet hurt from standing so much.

She was almost afraid Red had fallen asleep. But thanks to the way he was breathing she could tell that wasn't the case. Yellow moved her head a bit and looked up at Red and blushed. Red hadn't been looking at the sky, well not the time anyway. He was mostly staring at her.

Red brushed a piece of hair from Yellow's face away and gently kissed her forehead. Yellow smiled a bit and turned to hug him which Red gladly returned.

Yellow closed her eyes but opened them again in surprise when Red picked her up, sat down, then set her on his lap. Yellow felt Red gently place his head on hers a close his eyes.

Yellow almost laughed. So Red was just really sleepy huh? She wouldn't blame him...she herself was finally getting sleepy thanks to Red's warmth.

Yellow looked back at the window and half closed her eyes. For a few moments, she thought she saw white particles gently falling to the ground.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Yellow woke up sneezing in her bed. Her window was closed, and she was tucked in her bed with an absurd amount of blankets. The house was warm, which the day before it was but not as much.

"Red...?",she mumbled as she looked around. Bad idea, her head was spinning and her head was pounding. Her throat was a bit sore which was weird.

"Red?",she croaked out as she got up from the bed. With dizzy steps she walked to her door and opened it. It was silent. Weirdly so, usually Red would assault her with hugs and ask her to join him with playing Pokémon.

Yellow walked around a bit more and saw a note on the fridge. She walked towards it and grabbed it.

'If you're reading this...I guess you got out bed. Don't worry i won't be long much, go back to bed you have a fever now thanks to me leaving the window open. Please go back to bed

                         -Red'

Yellow raised an eyebrow. She's sick? How? It's not like it snowed- oh..

Yellow looked out a nearby window and saw piles of snow on trees and roads. It did snow.
Yellow went her room and laid down on her bed leaving the door open. She closed her eyes and sighed then slowly drifted off to sleep.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

"Yellow?",A soft voice asked while Yellow felt herself being shaken. Yellow opened her eyes and she saw three worried faces.

Blue brushed a few strands of hair from Yellow's face as Green helped Yellow sit up. Red was in the kitchen, she could tell from the noises he was making in there.

"Blue..? Green? What are you...doing...",Yellow said in a slurred way. Her whole body felt like going back to sleep. She couldn't even think so her words were choppy.

"We got a call from Red saying you got sick silly...well Green dragged me here- ow!",Blue pouted as Green looked away with an embarrassed blush.

Yellow guessed he had hit her head gently so she could shut up.
"All jokes aside...we got pretty worried.",Blue said as Yellow blankly stared and nodded.

Everything was kinda blurry and messy for Yellow. She remembers Red bringing in some medicine and once Yellow took it she went back to sleep. Blue and Green stayed a while to make sure Red and Yellow were both okay and left when they were sure they were fine.

Red was putting away the medicine when he heard the door to Yellow's room open. He quickly turned, ready to take her back to bed but what he saw made him stop.

Yellow's sweater was half on, probably due to the fact that her body was releasing a lot of heat and it was a bit chilly in the apartment, and her pajama pants reached to her toes. Her hair was down, no longer in its signature ponytail. Her face was flushed and she was holding onto the door handle for support. She looked adorable and helpless, it made Red want to keep her safe from anything.

"Yellow you should be sleeping",Red said walking to her. Yellow looked up at him as if to figure out who he is. She then smiled childishly, which surprised the frick out of Red, and jumped then wrapped her arms around his neck. "Reeddd~!",she said sleepily.

Red's face turned into the color of his name. Yellow was acting weird and it was all because she was sick. Red would be lying if he said she wasn't being adorable though. Yellow gently kissed his nose, then his cheek, then his chin, then his forehead.

Red was definitely flustered at this point. As much as he wanted Yellow to continue, he knew that Yellow wasn't in the right state of mind to know what she was doing. "Yellow,you should go back to be-",Red was cut off by Yellow placing a small kiss on his lips and laughing at his redder face.

"Okay that's it",Red said picking her up and walking to her room. He laid her down and thanks to Yellow being all giggly she couldn't stop him. He pulled the blankets over her and sighed.

"Go to bed"

"No!",Yellow pouted.

"Why not?"

"Because then you'll disappear too"

'Too?',Red thought while frowning. He gently grabbed Yellow's hand and kissed her forehead. "Unless you stop needing me around Yellow, I won't ever disappear", he said truthfully.

Yellow stared at him for a few seconds. She looked at their hands and nodded. "Okay..",she said quietly and holding into his hand a bit tighter.

Red smiled as he watched her drift of to sleep. He sighed as his face flushed again as he remembered what had happened before. If Yellow didn't remember anything, he'd keep it like that. No way was Yellow going to know what she unconsciously did.