CHAPTER 5

The next morning when I wake up, someone pulls the covers off me and I grumble in my groggy state as my hands reach out behind me to find the sheets. My hands come across the mattress, my butt, the back of my legs, my butt again, the mattress again, but never across the sheets.

"Ellie." I groan in exasperation.

As an answer, she only opens the windows in the room and I hear the rattling of metal against metal before sunlight bathes the bedroom. Like a vampire, I duck my head under the pillow and try to block the sun from hitting my face – though I'm sure my skin wouldn't sparkle like Edward Cullen's.

"Rise and shine, baby. We've got somewhere to be."

The pillow is snatched away from me, leaving me completely bare to the merciless rays of the sun. I try to hide my face as I use my hair as a veil but it doesn't help. Light manages to filter through small slits and reaches my closed eyelids. I give up at last. There is no going back to sleep now.

"Ugh," I grunt and turn around. "I thought we were supposed to have the Twilight movie marathon today," I say. "It can wait a couple more hours."

"Not that," Ellie says as I hear her ruffling around in the room. "We're gonna grab breakfast with the boys and go around town a bit."

I grunt again, but this time not because I was so violently awoken. "Does he have to be there?"

I hear Ellie sigh as she stops rummaging. "You promised you would try."

Yes, I did promise her I would give Yann a chance, but it doesn't mean that's going to change the way I already feel about the guy.

"I did. But the guy isn't on my list of favorite people, I must say."

I feel the bed dip beside me as Ellie sits down. I peek a quick glance at her underneath my arm that I have thrown over my face but I know it's needless to, anyways. I am not going to fall back asleep.

"First," she begins. "Stop calling him the guy. And second," I feel her fingers grab my arm as she removes it from my face. "Get up. I told Wil we would meet him in half an hour." I start to protest that I need to have breakfast first but she cuts me off, "We're getting breakfast at The Café."

I grin up at her, "You know me well."

She rolls her eyes at me and gets up. "Yeah, I do know the hungry and murderous side of you."

I have only fifteen minutes to take a shower and get dressed. I wouldn't mind being late for once, though I hate tardiness. But who wakes up people fifteen minutes before they go out? I start dragging my feet behind, carrying the clothes Ellie has chosen for me – she knew it would take me at least fifteen minutes to figure out what to wear. I take twice as much time to reach the bathroom than usual, and as I reach the door, my stomach makes a rumbling sound like that of a motor that's about to die. Damn, I am hungrier than I thought.

I consider keeping the sluggish attitude – that I am not entirely faking, by the way – but not wanting to delay my breakfast any longer is enough motivation to get me going. With lightning speed, I brush my teeth and use mouthwash for good measure as well, just in case. Shower is quick, and so is getting dressed. Back in my room to don my sneakers, I realize I've gotten ready in twelve minutes instead of fifteen.

Damn! What food can do sometimes.

In the car, I am about to call shotgun when Ellie slips into the passenger side before I can. I glare at her as she hands me the keys with a devilish smirk on her face.

"I don't wanna drive, I tell her."

She shrugs at me. "I'm not asking you," and she wiggles the keys in my face. "Driving is the only way to ensure you don't look like a zombie when we get there. It should wake you up."