Chapter 2

You sat on the couch next to Mccree. You were talking to D.va, Lucio, Mei, and Tracer about what your life has been like. "So yeah. I can't seem to get a break." You groan. "None of us can get a break, love." Tracer laughed. "Soooooooo (Y/n)," D.va started. "You got a boyfriend? Girlfriend? Fiancé? Husband? Wife?" She eagerly awaited your reply. "Nah. I can't attract the right people." You started. "I dated this one guy who had 5 girlfriends all at the same time. They didn't mind but I did. And this other guy who was a drug dealer on the side. And the last guy was waaaaaaayyyyyy to......'possessive'." You sigh.

This got the attention of the cowboy on your right. "Well goddamn (Y/n). That's rough." He looked worried. "It's whatever, I guess I just wasn't meant to settle down. I don't really care." You shrugged. The cowboy placed his hand on your shoulder. "Wow. Feels bad." D.va said. Again you shrug. Just then Winston came over to you. "I should give (Y/n) a tour now." He said adjusting his glasses. You nodded and waved goodbye to the group. They said their goodbyes as you left.

The last stop on the tour of the base was your room. Winston stopped at your door. "I'll leave you to get settled in. Dinner's at 6pm. If you have anymore questions feel free to come to me." He spoke as he left. You opened the door. The room was decent sized. You even had your own bathroom. The only thing that was wrong was..."Looks like I have to talk to Winston about a pest problem." You roll your eyes as the cowboy laughed. "Aw c'mon you wouldn't wanna get rid of lil' ol' me, would ya?" He gave you a slight smirk in which you returned. "I don't know." You drew out each word and tapped your chin as if thinking. "So what are you doing here?" You asked. "Came to see you obviously." He chuckes. "So tell me how your life has been." He continued. "I literally was just telling you. "I was more or less asleep." He awkwardly laughed and scratched his beard. It was your turn to laugh. "Why don't we each ask each other one question about their lives, taking turns so it doesn't get boring. You know I've got a lot of questions about you too." You said. Mccree nodded.

"So where did you live?" Mccree asked. "I was a bit all over the place, but the place I stayed the longest was L.A." You responded. Now it was your question. "What about you?" "I travelled a lot but stayed in New Mexico." He took the cigar he was smoking out of his mouth and offered it to you. You waved you hands declining it. He shrugged his shoulders and continued smoking. "What did you do for a livin'?" He asked. "Since I moved a lot I did a couple things. I worked as a singer at this one high brow club. At one point I was a mercenary. But the thing I did the longest, which I did in L.A., was that I was a dancer for this big dance school. I taught classes, preformed in big shows. It was really fun. Then I decided to come here." You answered. He looked surprised. "I didn't pin ya as an artsy person. I thought you would'a done police work or somethin'." He adjusted his position on the bed so he was sitting criss-cross on the bed facing you. "What did you do, cowboy?" You shifted so you were facing him. "I was a vigilante, simple as that, nothin' interestin'." He adjusted his serape a bit so it was fully covering his prosthetic again. "Did you live by yourself most of the time?" He asked. "Yeah but I'd prefer it." You were moving onto your next question when you hesitated. What if this is insensitive? What if I make things uncomfortable asking this? Mccree noticed your hesitation. "You alright?" He placed his hand on your shoulder to comfort you. You nodded.

"Hey um.....so I uh see you got a new arm?" You spoke slowly, afraid that you might be out of line. His mood drops. "Oh." Is the first thing he responds with. You mentally panic. Shit shit shit shit shit sh-. Mccree interrupts your train of thought. "Yeah had a little incident, is it all right if we drop this subject?" He spoke wearily. "Yeahofcoursewecan!" You said quickly. He nodded. Then there was silence. You can't take it. "Ohboylookatthetimebettergettobedearlydontwannabelatefortraining!" You say standing up and opening the door for him. "Yeah, I reckon I should get goin'. " Mccree stands up and stretches. You sigh and give him a small smile, which he returns. He stops in the doorway. "Glad you're back (Y/n). Missed ya." He continued to walk out. You yelled out into the hallway after him. "Missed you too!" He turned his head slightly and winked. You giggled and closed your door. Just as you were about to get settled in there was a knock at your door. You sigh and answer it. D.va is standing outside in her pajamas. "Hey in honor of you joining..or er-rejoining overwatch I'm having a 'sleepover' in the common area." She wore the biggest smile. You couldn't resist. "Let me get my shit and I'll be there." You closed the door. You got dressed in a lavender shirt that hung off of your left shoulder a bit, and black booty shorts. You grabbed a pillow and a blanket from your bed and headed out for a night of fun, and 30 minutes of sleep.

A/n: oop, 2 chapters in one day? Hope I can bring it to 3. Hope you like it. Side note I may actually continue my DISCONTINUED story if I feel like. That's a huge maybe. I don't like it that much but whatever. Anyway hope you enjoyed. I wanted to make this story less (deep?) than the other. Anyway later.