Chapter 9

A/n: no lemon b/c I can't write one. Sorry if you were looking forward to one...

After lunch you had the rest of the day off to rest up for tomorrow's mission. You didn't rest and decided to train. It was better to be prepared for tomorrow. The training area was empty when you walked in. You decided to head for the shooting range. You were training for a solid 3 hours before someone came up to you. "Shouldn't you be restin'?" It was Mccree. You turned slightly to face him. "Can't." Was all you said before you continued training. "C'mon you're gonna over work yourself." As he spoke you heard his footsteps, indicating he was coming closer. "No I won't." Your eyes didn't leave your targets this time.

Suddenly Mccree wrapped his arms around your waist. You stopped. "Athena end training sequence." You shouted. All the training bots shut down. You turned to face him. "C'mon let's go to my room." Mccree spoke as he started pulling you out of the shooting range. You groan in annoyance. "Jess, can't I just train?" He pouted. "I get it, you'd rather train then spend time with me." He spoke faking hurt. You smile softly at his antics.

"No it's just I don't feel like resting." He rolls his eyes at your statement. "You work too much." He chuckled. "Not enough." You corrected him. "Sure, sure, whatever you say." He opens his door and steps aside. "Ladies first." He says as you enter. You turn to face him after you were inside. He closes the door behind him. You place your hands on his chest. "What a gentleman~" You purr. "Why thank you m'lady." He speaks as he tips his hat. This earns a giggle from you. He pulls you closer to him and crouches to your level. He smiles at you sweetly as he looks you up and down. You smile softly and quickly give him a peck on the lips.

He chuckles and then starts peppering your neck with kisses. This earns him giggles from you. Suddenly he stops, making you confused. All the sudden you are sweept off your feet and thrown onto the bed. Mccree comes to lay next to you. You turn to face him and snuggle into his chest. He wraps his arm around your petite frame. "Layin' around all day doesn't seem to bad anymore does it?" You couldn't see it but you knew he wore a shit eating grin.

"Mccree I just came t-." Someone spoke from the door. You and Mccree both turned to look at the person. Mccree got up off the bed and walked over to the person. It was 76. 76 cleared his throat, then spoke. "I just came to discuss some stuff with you about the mission." Mccree looked back at you. You waved him off. He stepped into the hall with 76. The door shut.

You just waited. Suddenly their conversation peeked your interest, as you barely heard your name. You walked over to the door and pressed your ear to it. "I refuse to let you do that to her again." 76 growled. "You're one to talk." Mccree spoke dryly. "I'm not just walking back into her life after I've been gone for several years." 76 snapped. "I know how you work, I know we're going to have repeat of what happened. You're going to stick around and then skip town. You couldn't commit last time what makes you think you can do it now. (Y/n) is an extraordinary girl and I know she can do so much better than you." 76 paused, as he was about to say something else Mccree spoke. "At least I'm here for her." He hissed, his words laced with venom. You were so confused. 76 was left speechless.

You walked back over to the bed. 'What the hell', you thought. Mccree came back into the room soon. His gaze was locked on the floor. He was muttering to himself, and the smile you had seen moments ago gone, replaced with a scowl. You were silent. He didn't make eye contact with you as he spoke. "I think the girls are lookin' for ya, I think they're in the living room." You got up immediately, wanting to give him some time alone.

"Hey you guys were looking for me?" You asked as you walked into the living room. "Um, no, but I'm glad you're here!" Mercy smiled. "Thought you we're spending the day with your fuck buddy." D.va have you a sly smirk before Mercy gave her a warning glare. "What are you guys doing?" You asked, trying to change the subject. "Well I'm in the middle of setting up some games to play on stream with everyone, wanna join?" D.va asked. You shrugged. "Sure." You had nothing better to do.

So you spent the night playing video games with the girls. You had a blast, momentarily forgetting about Mccree. The stream had long ended and you all were just chatting about the most random things. "We should go out some time. To like a club or something." D.va commented our of no where. "Oooo. Or maybe somewhere fancy. I would love to get all dressed up! I would love to see how you all look dressed up!" Mercy squealed. You smiled and laughed softly. You suddenly heard the familiar clanking of spurs down the hall. "Looks like someone's here to crash the party." D.va laughed. You rolled your eyes. You looked back at the entrance to the living area and saw Mccree. He gave you his signature lopsided grin. He tipped his hat. "Sorry to interrupt you girls but I came to steal (Y/n)." You stood up and walked over to him. "Something up Jess?" You tilted your head. "Nah, just wanted to come say goodnight. I'm turnin' in early for tonight. You know, to rest up for the big mission tomorrow." He spoke. You saw his posture was slightly rigid. You placed you hand on his arm.

"You alright?" You whispered gently. He gave you a soft smile. "Yeah I'm fine, just tired." He bent over and placed a kiss on your forehead. You giggle and grab him by the collar of his shirt. You pull him down so he's face to face with you. You then pulled him into a passionate kiss. For a moment it was just you an him. Then D.va ruined the moment. "Get some!" She shouted, which made you jump and break away. Mccree laughed. You swore under your breath. "Goodnight." He spoke softly. "Goodnight Jess." You say as he leaves. You walk back to the couch. It's quiet for a moment. Then the girls, all at the same time, start teasing you. You just smiled and laughed along with them.

A/n: I've been dead sorry. Ya boi's got a lotta school shit to do. I'll try to upload another chapter tonight if I can. Anyway hope you enjoyed. C u later. :>