twenty seven

the stench was absolutely revolting, growing even stronger the second seokmin hides behind the door, his back pressed against the soggy wall and his right arm squeezed in the inner part of the slightly opened door. he gulps, tilting his head back up, sweat dripping from his forehead to his jawline, like clear rolling marble balls that drip slowly contrasting to his beating heart. he doesn't even want to breathe, scared to inhale the toxic air and to give away his spot.

but something feels off. when the men pass by his room, boots cackling as if they were laughing at him, belts and their buckles clashing against each other as they chatter amongst one another through their loud and filthy mouths, seokmin swore he saw one of them look dead into his eyes, the yellowness of their tired eyes staring into seokmin's shivering face, through the small creak between the door and its hinge. so when the moment has passed, after what seems to be eternity, seokmin feels a flood of dirty relief wash over him. but it didn't die out yet. he still feels the same pair of eyes peer into the back of his neck, little hair arising at the eerie feeling of being watched in the dark.

it was then seokmin realised that it wasn't the large man who just passed by, a white packet of cigars sticking out his baggy pockets and his golden and silver teeth grinning in the dim hallway. someone else was there in the room with seokmin. there were two people breathing the same mucky air. the gulping boy has his fringers wrapped around his gun tucked in his waistband, ready to shoot. he turns around slowly, afraid to meet what could be the cause of his death.

ding!

[ 1 unread message from x ]

seokmin reacted too slow, his struggling mouth engulfed by the surface of someone's hands.

usually jisoo would love the city night, feel himself immerse in the way the city never dies, but tonight just feels so off. lights forever blinking, in multiple colours as they dance underneath the dark blue sky. he never used to like how busy the night is, the way it jumps alive, but seeing how seokmin captures the beauty and essence of every aspect seoul has just brings the inner jisoo that secretly romanticises the aesthetics of the night. it wasn't dead quiet in the car, but they didn't play any loud edm or sang along to the lyrics of some mainstream pop music like seokmin shows in his snapchat. soft piano music, if jisoo could recall, perhaps studio ghibli works, plays in the car where the only light illuminating their sullen faces was the soft moonlight playing on their delicate features and the back light used to help bambam, yugyeom and minghao play cards.

mingyu's soft voice matches the tempo of the piano, his husky laughter and wonwoo's fuzzy voice from the phone.

reminds me of us.

everything does. from the golden lights flying across the dark purple swirled with mixtures of blue sky, resembling the universe and stars held in his soft, crescent eyes. the tall, structured buildings the zig zag reminds jisoo of his strong, beautifully shaped nose and well defined high cheekbones that light up whenever he laughs. it feels strange to feel this much for someone he's known for only half a year but he can't help it. not when seokmin is a literal sunshine that radiates warmth upon this cold world.

maybe, i brought this upon him.

jisoo clenches his jaw and looks at his phone. he clicks on the gallery up and taps on an album titled "♡". his heart racing in agony, some sort of pain and sadness because reality shows that seokmin is in real danger, as he scrolls through pictures with seokmin, hands linked, smiles reaching their sparkling eyes and seokmin drinking shakes, not noticing jisoo taking endless pictures of him in that black graphic shirt.

maybe we weren't meant to be.

"bullshit!" yugyeom calls out that starts a fierce outburst amongst them three, the designated driver (jaehyun) threatening to pull over if they don't "shut the fuck up".
it seems like forever since they've driven over the long bridge that stretches over the glistening blueness of the river, seems like forever since they've waited in the snakes of cars and trucks waiting in the colours of the traffic, seems like forever since bambam's soft snores arose; the light in the back switched off and the light in the front turned on as mingyu and jeongguk create a plan, discussing in low voices with a rough sketch of a building between the two.

but it was only two hours until they arrive at the abondon building, the exact location that the so called brother has sent which seems foreign to them all.

it was only two hours until mingyu pops the trunk and drags out an enormous case, leathery and dripped in black.

two hours until jisoo swears to save seokmin.