twenty eight

using his elbow, seokmin jabbed it backwards, hearing an umph from behind and the grip around his lips loosening. he twists his body to kick the guy who had him on chokehold, then instantly regrets it when he recognises the face he has sent flying into a pile of wooden boxes at the back of the small room.

"shit-hosh?" he whispers.

the other man winces, his slit eyes blinking at the sudden pain. seokmin immediately rushes over to his best friend, apologising repeatedly under his hushed tone but pauses abruptly once he notices something purple poking out of soonyoung's navy sleeve. soonyoung sees seokmin's dark brown eyebrows narrow, eyes flashing in anger and hardening as he pulls the sleeve up gently. he panics and gasps at the slight pain as purple and blue bruises paint over them, bandages wrapped around them messily, tainted in red and crimson.

"who did this to you?" he hisses.

soonyoung snatches his arm from seokmin's grasp, pulling the sleeve down as he glares at seokmin.

"no one! gosh-"

"hosh."

he looks down, his gray bangs sheltering his dark brown eyes, hazel halos circling it as the dim light flickers on and off above them.

"i didn't see them but.." his voice was hushed, warm in the suddenly humid room, quiet and broken.

his eyes gaze up to meet seokmin's, watery as he gulps back his choked voice.

"i think x sent them."

"mic check; eagle, can you hear me? i repeat, can you hear me? over."

"recognised by eagle. i repeat, recognised by eagle. over."

mingyu rolls his eyes, his broad back laying against the trunk as he sees yugyeom and jeongguk giggling furiously as they test their equipment, however failing to hide the slight curve of the lip.

"you guys are fucking fools." jaehyun throws an empty bottle at yugyeom, who skillfully dodges and flips him off.

minghao pops up the trunk, the backseats have been pushed down to make space (small, but still convenient) for their little tech maniac. it was a display of his neat work area he had fixed in 5 minutes, explaining the proud grin plastered on his face. networks of wires neatly tied back, snakes connected to minghao's laptop set in the corner.

"the ear pieces, like the ones dumb and dumber have, are linked to my laptop. this way i can track everyone who has it ." minghao explains.

he reaches over and turns the laptop around so the screen faces the small audience formed around the back.

"this is a map of the building. its not accurate but its based from the information i have gathered of the layout of the building back when it was in business." he pauses and looks around, like a skilled debate speaker.

"of course, many renovations may have been made as that this was back in 2009. however, its the best we have."

like a child, bambam shoots his hand up. minghao points at him, everyone snickering at this comical moment.

"so what's the plan?"

minghao looks at mingyu, nodding at him to take over.

"well, we move in groups - that way more area can be covered. since theres 5 of us, as minghao is going to be staying back here, i think it'd be wise if the formulation goes as so."

he unfolds the paper that him and jeongguk were working on in the car.

"near the back entrance, over here, will be jaehyun. he keeps track of any potential threats and can feed back that to us. where we are right now, hao has a view of three side entrances so we don't need to worry about that."

jisoo's head was hurting. there was too much information to take in. it seemed too real now, too scary - he can't back out.

"we'll all move in from the back entrance. bambam and i will search this way-" he trails his finger along the west side of the building.

"-whereas guk and yugyeom will search  the opposite direction. where you two are- hey, dumbasses, pay attention." he flicks jeongguk and yugyeom, who both groan in pain.

"like i was saying, where you two are heading is the area with higher risk so be careful."

"so be careful. don't go all soft on me, kim mingyu."  yugyeom mimics.

"man, shut the-"

"what about me?" jisoo asks. everyone turns to face him and suddenly, jisoo feels so small.

mingyu's face drops, his adam's apple moving slightly. "i need you to stay with minghao."

"what, why?" jisoo was red. he was starting to fume.

"because seok wouldn't want you hurt."

it was tense. the atmosphere thick, jisoo and mingyu staring at each other. no one else dared to say a word. mingyu was expecting the older to lash at him, he wouldn't even blame him. even he would be hurt. which is why mingyu got surprised when jisoo said -

"okay."

mingyu gulps, "okay."

minghao looks up from his laptop, the light reflecting on his face glistening. he was settled in the back already.

"alright, boys. move at my command."

"3

  2

  1

move it!"

a/n:
it's been a while.