Part 9

Look up at the photo up top to get instruction so you'll understand how the story is going to be set up :) Hope you enjoy and lemme know your thoughts!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 4th 2018, 6:36pm}

4th of July Party PART 1

Collins and Devan sat outside at the bonfire, staring sadly into the flames. Their parents and other family members were laughing and talking but the two boys didnt feel like celebrating.

Devan: (looking up at his bro) "Do you think the twins will show up?"

Collins: (with a deep sigh) "I really don't know.."

Devan: (frowning) "Yeah.."

There was an off silence between the brothers. Devan glanced at the older one.

Devan: "You okay?"

Collins: (leans back in his chair) "I guess.."

Devan: "Want something to eat? I can get you a hotdog or-"

Collins: "—I'm not hungry, but thanks."

Not used to Collins's shift in emotion, Devan got up slowly and headed for the table filled with food. He wasn't very hungry either but the boy didn't feel comfortable which was weird. He loved being with his brother, however; Collins was starting to become just as moody as Nessa was. Now he's just even more confused..

Devan reached the punch bowl and went to serve himself the drink until something moved in the corner of his eye. He turned and saw it was a white car pulling into the driveway...it looked alot like Veronica's. They're here!

Devan removed himself from the table and began to walk towards the vehicle. Soon the girls came out of the car and Devan could tell they had been fighting. They stood far apart from one another and annoyed glances were given. He forced on a smile.

Devan: "Hey you two!"

Roni: (with a sigh) "Hey Devan."

Nessa: (avoiding eye contact) "Hi."

There was a pause.

Nessa: "I'm gonna use the restroom."

Vanessa leaves the two and walked inside. Veronica groaned and slapped her head.

Roni: "I'm so sorry she's like this.. maybe we shouldn't have came."

Devan: (shakes his head) "It's not your fault" (places his hand on her shoulder) "we'll fix this.."

Roni: (gives him a sad smile) "I hope so"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~