Part 11

Look up at the photo up top to get instruction so you'll understand how the story is going to be set up :) Hope you enjoy and lemme know your thoughts! THIS IS ONE U DONT WANNA MISS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{July 4th 2018, 9:17pm}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{July 4th 2018, 9:17pm}

4th of July Party PART 3

Devan greeted the family that came up to him with a warm smile, but he still felt sick inside. He wasn't sure what was happening with Collins and Roni, and Nessa disappeared from getting a drink. He needed to find her, but he couldn't escape the guests.

However; in the corner of his eye, he saw Roni and Collins smiling and talking, heading in his direction.

Devan: (with a smile) "Looks like you two are happy."

More seriously, he looked from his friend to his brother.

Devan: "Are you two..good?"

Roni looked at Collins for his answer. They both waited for the older one to respond. The magician stared at Veronica, her warm smile giving him happiness.

Collins: (with a smile) "Yeah...we're good."

Even though it wasn't what Collins had imagined, as long as she was in his life, he'll take the label 'just friends' any day.

Roni: (glumly) "How about you?"

Devan: (sighing) "I dont know.."

Collins: (knowingly) "You need to go find her bro."

Devan: "I know.."

Collins: (patting Devan's back) "Go look for her, I think she really needs you to talk to her."

Devan: (smiling) "Your right."

With that, Devan left to go find Nessa. It was hard to figure out where she could have gone but he had checked the front and back yard, then deciding to look inside the house. The young man walked through the living room and kitchen.

Devan: (Mumbling to himself) "Maybe she's in one of the bedrooms.."

So Devan walked up the stairs and as he creeped closer, he heard a faint whimpering sound from down the hall. He began to move faster and saw it was coming from his bedroom. Devan creaked open the door to see Vanessa sitting on his bed, tears spilling down her cheeks. He stopped cold in his tracks.

Devan: "N-Nessa?"

Nessa: (frightened) "D-Devan??"

She tried to wipe the tears away but even more came in its place.

Devan: (coming closer to her) "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Nessa: (sniffling) "I'm fine..I'm fine. Sorry I didn't mean to—"

Devan: "Please don't apologize, I don't mind."

There was a heavy silence as Devan's emotions were bubbling up. Seeing Nessa like this..and still looking just as beautiful.

Devan: "Can you please talk to me, Nessa? I hate seeing you like this."

Nessa: "...I really don't want to talk Devan. It all just hurts too much." (She crossed her arms around her chest)

Devan stared at her, taking a deep breath and reaching for her hand.

Devan: (lays his hand on hers) "I know whatever is going on with you lately is personal..I get it. Sometimes I like dealing with my emotional problems alone too. But if you talked to me about it...things could be easier."

Nessa: (now eyes directly at Devan) "I don't think I can."

Devan: "Look, I know your scared right now but just know we're all here for you. Roni, Collins...and me. We'll never leave you. I will never leave you."

Suddenly Vanessa leans her head into Devan's and planted her lips on his. This impulse shocked him for a second but he then closes his eyes and returned the interaction. Sparks began to ignite between them, as well as outside the fireworks started to burst. Devan's hands slowly wrapped around Nessa's waist but the girl pulled away instantly.

Nessa: (horrified, her hair in her face) "Oh crap..."

Shaking, she stands up and backs away from him. She looked sick as the color of her skin turned pale.

Nessa: "I-I can't do this! Im so sorry—I didn't know what I was doing!"

Before Devan could reply, Vanessa sped out of the door holding her sides tightly.

Devan: "Nessa wait!!"