Part 18

Guys were getting close to the end of the book aghhhh i really hope you enjoyed this book series and if I get some people that WANT another book then maybe I'll make a squeal that comes off this story :)) Anyways I hope you enjoy and lemme know your thoughtsss!

BTW THIS IS NOW NORMAL DIALOGUE, its not texting anymore although it has the format of texting. This is now on Devan and Nessa's "date" so yessss
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{July 10th 2018, 2:58pm}

Vanessa Merrell walked down the grassy plain, holding her hair back from her face. She wore her casual shirt and jeans, although she still felt nervous she was overdressed. This wasn't a date, right? Just two friends getting ice cream..

???: "Nessa!"

She turned around to the sound to see Devan, wearing a casual outfit as well with a warm smile on his face. Nessa smiled back and walked closer. Dev opened his arms for a hug and Nessa went into his embrace. It felt good for them to see each other after everything that has happened. They soon pulled away and stood in front of each other.

Devan: "Hey.."

Nessa: (smiling) "Hey.."

Devan: (looking at her up and down) "You have no idea how amazing it is to see you smile."

Nessa: (feeling herself blush) "..It feels good to."

There was an airy silence as they stared at each other.

Devan: (nervously) "So..wanna go get some ice cream now?"

Nessa: (grinning) "Definitely, I've been waiting so long!"

The two laughed as they headed to the Ice Cream Shop nearby.

(...)

Nessa: "Could I have a small vanilla cone, please?"

Devan: "And could I have a medium cookies and cream in a cup?"

Worker: "That will be $6.35."

As Vanessa began to take out her money, Devan stopped her.

Devan: (handing the worker his credit card) "Don't worry, I got it."

Nessa: (smirking) "Dev, you didn't have to do that."

Devan: "But I did." (winks)

They both laugh about his wink and once Devan was given his credit card, they went out of the line to wait for their ice cream.

After a few moments, a little girl nearby suddenly tripped and in that moment dropped her ice cream on the pavement. The girl began to cry as her father picked her up and stared sadly at the ice cream he just paid for. Devan and Nessa watched as he called to the window.

Man: "Excuse me? Ex—hey! My daughter tripped and dropped her ice cream, could she get a new one?"

Worker: "I'm sorry but you'll have to pay for it again."

Man: (frowns and looks to his daughter) "I'm sorry, kiddo. I don't have anymore money to spend.."

Devan: (to Nessa watching the scene play out) "That's a bummer.."

Vanessa felt terrible for the father and little girl. With no hesitation, she stood and walked to the worker.

Nessa: "Excuse me, how much was the little girl's ice cream?"

Worker: "$2.50."

Nessa: (giving her money) "Um..here's $3.00. Keep the change. Please make her what she had before but put the cone in a cup so she doesn't drop it again, thank you."

Vanessa walked away from the counter and to the little girl.

Nessa: (smiling at her, wiping her tears) "Don't worry, your ice cream will be here soon."

Man: (very grateful) "Thank you, miss. What do I owe you?"

Nessa: "Nothing, just have a wonderful day with your daughter."

Soon Nessa walked from the girl towards Devan, who just stared at her.

Nessa: (side smiles) "What?"

Devan: (in awe of her kind heart) "You have no idea how incredible you are..do you?"

Vanessa felt her face burn as he smiled. She couldn't look away—

Worker: "Small Vanilla cone and Medium Cookies and Cream cup?"

Devan and Nessa turned to the worker and then to each other with a warm smile.