Part 12

Look up at the photo up top to get instruction so you'll understand how the story is going to be set up :) Hope you enjoy and lemme know your thoughts!This is the last part of the Fourth of July Part so I hope you enjoy itt!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

This is the last part of the Fourth of July Part so I hope you enjoy itt!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{July 4th 2018, 9:45 pm}

4th of July Party PART 4

Devan stood up from his bed as he watched Nessa run out of the room. She was mortified after suddenly kissing him and sped off.

Devan: (running down the stairs) "Nessa!! Please stop!"

She didn't. The girl continued to flee the scene and went towards her sister's car. The young man didn't want to lose her this time, he was so close to helping her..

Vanessa reached the car but it was locked. Not knowing what to do she tried to hide behind the car, however; Devan had already seen her. Before she could go any farther, the Devan grabbed her arm to stop her. With a cry, Nessa wailed and rip her arm out of his hand. Weird, he didn't even grab her that hard.

Devan: "Nessa please don't go— "

Nessa: (sliding to the floor) "This is exactly why I didn't want to come here! I knew I was gonna screw something else up, and I did! Everything I touch I ruin—I don't belong here or anywhere!"

Vanessa choked into a sob, bringing her knees closer to her chest. Devan felt terrible! All he wanted to do was comfort her and tell her everything would be fine but..he was afraid of her reaction.

Devan: "Nessa, I—"

Nessa: "Just tell Roni I want to go home!"

Devan: "But—"

Nessa: (cutting him off and pleading to him) "Please Devan. I want you to leave me alone right now. I want to go home."

There was a moment of silence until the boy solemnly agreed and walked off. Devan felt uneasy as he walked towards the back of the house. He was so close..just not close enough.

Devan looked and saw Collins and Roni clapping along with the others as the fireworks burst into the dark sky. The twin turned around and saw the boy stand there.

Devan: (helplessly) "...Nessa wants you to take her home."

Roni: (frowning) "Oh.."

Collins: (looking at his brother sadly) "I'm sorry Dev.."

Devan: (shaking his head) "It's not your fault.."

Roni: "I guess I should be going huh?"

She turned towards the boys and gave them both hugs.

Roni: "Thank you both for inviting us.."

Veronica stepped away slowly and disappeared. All they heard was the car pull from the driveway and up the road.

Collins: "Dude, what even happened?"

Devan: (nervous) "I..I can't really explain it."

Collins: (grabbed his arm)"Let's talk somewhere more private."

So the two brothers walked into the house and sat on the couch with a sigh.

Collins: (after brief silence) "So...what happened?"

Devan: "Well..I went to look for her around the house and I found her crying on my bed. It wasn't even a few tears, it was sobbing..."

He looked at his brother again nervously but Collins was listening to him and persisted him to continue.

Devan: "And then I sat next to her and tried to tell her that if she talked about it, it could get better. But she continued to say nothing would help. Soon I just stated that no matter what we'd always be there for her and..she kissed me."

Collins: (eyes bulged out) "Wait, NESSA MADE OUT WITH YOU??"

Devan: "No no! She just kissed me for a few seconds...and then I kissed her back."

Now Devan felt his cheeks burning up. This was his brother but...he never thought he have to talk about this with him for a while. Never in a million years had he thought he'd kiss Nessa, the one girl that made him crazy head over heels.

Collins: "Yo bro, thats insane! Did you guys uh—"

Devan: "—No, it wasn't like that! It..was better than I imagined, but all we did was kiss."

Collins: (smirking) "Sooo, you've thought about this before?"

Devan: (rubbing his neck nervously) "Maybe..but it doesn't matter now. She pulled away and got super upset and ran from me.. I don't know what to do."

Collins: (patted his bros leg) "It'll turn out okay, I promise."

Devan: (with a side smile) "I hope."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~