Chapter 8: The Benefactor

[ c h a p t e r 8 ]

Liam

The school bell rang and I went out of class. I saw Kelsey, who was looking at me, and I just stared at her.

"Liam" Mason said, but I was too focused on her.

She started walking down the stairs and I think that my jaw just touched the floor. Suddenly she tripped and fell. It took me a while to wake up and go helped her up.

"Are you okay?" I said still stunned.

"Yeah. Fine." She said as she recovered her confidence. "You want to go to a party tonight?"

*****

Kelsey

I was driving Liam to my lake house and all the way we were in silence. He was covering his ears all the time, I think he's having trouble because of the full moon.

"It's mine and Lydia's lake house." I broke the ice "Actually, it's our grandmother's lake house. But she's dead, so it's okay. I mean, it's not okay that she's dead. Unless she was in pain." I muttered.

"Can you turn the music down?" He asked me, starting to sweating.

"You want me to turn the music up?" I said and turned the radio a bit louder.

"Who'd you say was coming to this party?" He said.

"Um... Everyone." I lied.

Once we arrived there we got off the car.

"Where is everyone?" He asked.

"They're here." I replied. "It's a small party."

"You said everyone was coming." He said confused.

"They are. They're late. And we're early. So we better hurry." I tried to get him into de house.

"Well we could wait here, a little more, until someone show up." He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him. His lips got closer and closer until I could feel his breath in mine. I looked at his eyes, which looked even more beautiful in the moonlight. Our lips touched and I felt like all around us stopped. I broke the kiss and pulled away. "We... umm, we better hurry up." I repeated stuttering. "Yay! Party."

We got inside and Scott, Lydia, Kira, Malia and Stiles were there with all the "full moon stuff". He turned to me confused, but I closed the door so he couldn't leave.

"Sorry." I whispered and he looked at me even more confused.

"What the hell is this?" He asked.

"Think of it like an intervention. You have a problem, Liam." Stiles said.

"And we're the only ones that can help." Scott added.

We told him everything, so he would let us help him.

"Werewolf?" He asked looking at Scott. "Werecoyote." He looked at Malia then at Kira "Fox?"

"Kitsune. But fox works." She correct him.

"Banshee." He whispered looking at me and I nodded.

"I'm a banshee too." Lydia reminded.

Liam looked at Stiles.

"Uh, for a little while, I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil." Stiles said.

"What are you now?" He asked.

"Better. Um..." Stiles muttered.

"Are those for me?" He said nodding at the chains.

"No, they're for me." Malia said and glowed her eyes.