Chapter 22: 'Happy' Birthday

[ c h a p t e r 2 2 ]

Liam

"Oh!" I chuckled as I beat Mason once again at CoD: Black Ops II.

"When did you get so good? You been practicing? Or did you just suddenly get superhuman reflexes?" He asked me.

"Uh," I mumbled, thinking the words I had to say so I wouldn't mess up anything. "Practicing." That was my final answer. "Yeah, I've been practicing."

"And I should be studying." He said getting up and picking up his things.

"Where are you going?" I asked him not wanting him to leave me alone.

"Home? I got a History test tomorrow." He explained.

"Come on." I tried. "One more game."

"Yeah, you said that four games ago." He pointed... And he was right.

"Study here." I offered. "You can stay over." I said desperately. "Come on, one more game. Just one."

"You okay?" He looked at me worried. "Listen, I-I really have to go, but you can still call Kelsey."

"Yeah." I broke the eye contact the moment he said that. "You're right." I tried to hold my tears. "You should go. I should probably study too." He walked out of my room. "See you at school." I mumbled before he left.

Kelsey

I kept rolling around on my bed, awake.

Everything was finally over. We were save. No assassins, no dead pool. Then why couldn't I sleep?

Oh, wait.

I sighed as I turned around once again. I was lying on the right side of my bed leaving the left one free, just in case. It feel so empty without him. Everything felt empty without him. I turned around one more time and I jumped out of bed when I saw a shadow sitting on my bed. I turned on the lights and realized there was nobody there.

I was losing my mind by seconds. I needed to talk to someone. Maybe Derek knew something about what was happening with all my powers. Maybe Scott or Deaton could help me with that too.

But I needed to talk to Liam too.

I turned around to get back to bed when I heard the door slowly opening. My heart stopped as I grabbed the first thing I had closer to me, which turned to be my pillow. I closed my eyes tight and turned around without hesitating. When I opened one of my eyes I saw Lydia staring at me, but, I think she was sleepwalking.

"Lydia?" I said getting closer to her.

"Kelsey..." She barely whispered, almost inaudible. Her eyes weren't looking down at me. I lifted up my hand to touch her check when she grabbed me by my wrist and instantly looked at me. Then she screamed. She screamed and let me go as I fell to the ground covering my ears with my hands. I tried to get up but I couldn't, I only could get to see Lydia's feet walking out my room before everything went black.

Liam

Once again I couldn't sleep. I couldn't sleep if it wasn't with Kelsey and less now with all my nightmares. I was going crazy. Suddenly, without warning, I saw Berserkers. Like hallucinations. I saw them getting closer to me, looking at me. But it's not all. I also saw, as if it was her. As if it was Kelsey the one who was kicked by the Berserker in the Hospital roof and I see her body on the ground, covered in blood and motionless. And the worst part it's that I'm not there.

I wasn't quite sure if I had to turn off the lights. I got into my bed and hesitated before turning off the light next to my bed. I covered myself under the sheet of my bead as I heard the water drops splash into my window. The floor cracked and I got paranoid. I heard a groan and footsteps getting closer to me. I saw the shade of a Berserker and I started breathing heavily. I knew it wasn't there, I knew it. But it just kept happening. I told myself it wasn't there once I heard it getting closer. "You're not there." I panted before I turned on the light next to my bed and finally realized there was nothing in my room.