Chapter 23: Back To Mexico

[ c h a p t e r 2 3 ]

Kelsey

Stiles and Malia had invite me to do my homework with them since it was my birthday and I had nothing better to do. That's sad now that I think about it. Nothing better to do on your birthday than do your homework.

"Drop what you're doing." Mr. Stilisnki came into the room with a huge smile on his face. "I'm taking you all out to dinner. Whatever you want."

"Dad, I don't think a man of your debts should be treating anyone to anything." Stiles mumbled.

"Well, there's one debt we no longer have to worry about." He said handing stiles a letter.

"What is that?" I asked getting up.

"A letter of apology from Eichen House." He explained. "Apparently, they've decided to forgive our debt due to Well, you and Lydia almost getting murdered."

"They can do that?" Malia asked in surprise.

"They can do it and they did it." I said reading the letter.

"I have never been so happy to have almost been murdered." Stiles smiled excited.

"Well, we're not out of it yet. But we're going to be okay." Mr. Stilisnki looked at his son. "And at least for the moment, I can afford to take my son, his girlfriend and the adorable birthday girl out to dinner." He looked at me and then at Malia. "Malia, what's your favorite food?"

"Deer." She answer and I tried to contain a giggle.

"Pizza." Stiles chuckled. "She likes pizza."

We all grabbed our things but when I was about to get out off the room Stiles and Malia stopped me. They handed me a big long and thin box with a bow tied in the top.

"What is this?" I laughed as I started untying the bow.

"It's a little gift." Stiles smiled and I opened the box. Inside there was a Baseball bat with pink details in the handle of it. I let out a laugh and hugged the two of them.

"Thank you so much." I said still laughing.

"So, do you like it?" Malia asked me.

"Yeah, I love it, It's pretty awesome." I smiled back at them.

"We thought that now that you may become human, you would like to have something to protect yourself." Stiles grabbed his bat and showed it to me. "Look they are the same, except for the pink details."

"Thank you." I laughed once again and we three got ready to leave.

Liam

"I know something's going on." Mason threw a video game next to me. "I know you don't want to talk about it. But you're still my best friend." He continued. "And, um considering the fact that the last good friend I made turned out to be a professional killer, I'm thinking that I don't have too many options for new ones." I looked up at him and nodded. "So when you're ready to talk, talk."

I would talk to him if I could, but I just't couldn't tell him about all the supernatural things that were going on in my life. But I knew that he was right and I knew that we had lost some connection with all of that.

"Well, it's just so hard, you know. I think Kelsey and I... We are having a break or something like that. I just don't know..." I told him and he nodded tapping my shoulder.

"Sorry man, I didn't know." He said. "But I know I can kick your ass at at least one of these games."

"Never played this one." I smiled setting up the game he had brought.