Chapter 17: Time Of Death

[ c h a p t e r  17 ]

Kelsey

I couldn't believe were actually doing it. We were in Scott's room getting ready for his death. I was at the edge of Scott's bed, tapping the floor nervously with my foot as Liam kept walking from side to side of his room.

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" He asked, there was worry in his voice.

"I think Liam's kind of nervous." Kira sighed. "Maybe you should tell him it's going to be all right." She looked at me.

I just got up and went over him. "It's going to be all right." I put my shaky hands on his checks, stood on my tiptoes and place a kiss on his forehead. He took a breath and looked at Kira and her mother.

"So, you've done this before, right?" Liam asked.

"I've seen it done." Kira's mom replied and Liam took another breath.

"Is that just as good?" I decided to talk.

"No." She simply said.

"Mom, you're not inspiring confidence." Kira hissed.

"Good." She said. "This is a terrible idea."

Liam looked at me. I locked our hands and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Do you want us to do it without you?" Kira said to her mother.

"Put your hand over his heart." She indicated her. Kira placed his hand on Scott's chest. She was about to started when Scott stopped him.

"Hold on." He grabbed her wrist. "What happens while I'm out? Am I gonna feel anything?"

"It might feel like you're dreaming." Kira's mom told him.

"Good dreams or bad?" He asked.

"I suppose that depends on you." She explained him and then Kira placed her hand back over his chest. Little sparks started appearing in her hand and then Scott started panting. I didn't wanted to cry, I knew this was actually fake, but seeing him dying made all harder to handle. I hided my face on Liam shoulder as I heard Scott gasping for air and I let out a sob. Once all finished I saw his motionless body. Now we got to call an ambulance.

-

I followed the nurses as they took Scott to a room and tried to reanimate him.

"Move, move, move!" I heard someone yell.

"We need ECG." Another person said. "He's flat-lining"

"Get him to trauma 2." The doctor, Liam's step-dad, said. "Start another IV." They all entered into a room and I just stayed out off it, still listening.

"Clear!" Liam's step-father yelled and started the defibrillators but the only thing that was able to hear was the monitor flatlining. "Still a systole. Continue chest compressions and charge to 360." They charged the defibrillators and placed ten in his chest again. "Clear!" The monitor kept flatlining. "Nothing. Still a systole. I'm calling it." He started. "Time of death 21:02 hours." He said and I covered my mouth to kept myself from screaming in the middle of the hall. "Would someone please page Melissa McCall?" Everyone got out of the room so I entered and saw Scott. My eyes started watering and a sob escaped from my mouth. Suddenly a woman wailing broke all the silence and then I realized it was Melissa

"What happened to my son?!"

-

Melissa and I got into the room where Scott's body was, both of us still sniffing and gasping. I saw Liam and walked over him.