Prologue: Formality

[ P R O L O G U E ]

*One year earlier*

Kelsey

Once again, I looked at myself in the mirror. Tonight was the night I sneaked in my sister's high school dance. I knew next year I was starting freshman but c'mon, I'm already tired of middle school.

Since everybody told me I looked a year older than I actually was, I guess I would pass by.

I had my make up on point, my hair down, a beautiful dance dress and, of course, high heels.

I hadn't told Lydia or my mom about this. I had planned I would go once Lydia had left.

"Mom, I'm leaving!" Lydia yelled from downstairs and I smirked as she left the house.

I waited ten minutes and then, carefully, I sneaked off my window. I really thank the gymnastics classes right now. I held my heels in my hands, tried to stay in balance and then I jumped making a quick front flip. Just as thought, I landed on my feet. Putting my heels back on, I fixed my dress and started walking down the street.

-

I was finally at the Beacon Hills High School. The dance started 30 minutes ago and there were already a pair of lonely guys drunk and some couples making out.

"Hey," I jumped when I heard a masculine voice behind me. "Freshman, right?" The good looking guy asked and I didn't know what to answer. "I... actually started high school this year, and you look my age so I assumed it."

"Yeah! Sure... That's it." I let out a nervous laugh and he just smiled at me.

"And why is a pretty girl like you going to a dance without a partner?" He winked at me and I automatically blushed. Gosh, I really wanted to start high school.

"Umm..." C'mon Kelsey, he's gonna find out if you don't act more confident. "Well, I guess you can stick around me now." I, pathetically, winked at him.

Luckily, he found it funny.

"You're cute. Can I at least know you're name?"

"I guess you gotta wait 'till the end of the night." Once I confidently said that, I held him by his hand and dragged him inside.

Now that we were at the gym, I could clearly see all his factions. He was actually very handsome. Very hot.

He had a mix of grey and green eyes, plump lips and a well defined jawline.

He was a lot taller than me, even though I was wearing high heels.

"Wanna dance?" He asked me looking at the dance floor.

"Sure." I nodded and I followed him through all the students dancing.

We started dancing to the rhythm of the music. #thatPOWER by will.I.am and Justin Bieber was playing out loud as me and this cute boy were having fun. I looked at his eyes for a moment smiling when I saw Stiles talking to my sister from behind his head. I tried to act normal but when Stiles locked looks with me and realized what was happening I hid myself behind this boy.

"Hey, what's going on?" He looked at me confused and I just tried to stay hidden from Stiles, but he saw me and I could tell Lydia did too.

"Umm, nothing... I just have to... go for a second. I'll be right back." And just when I turned around, Stiles was standing right in front of me. He pushed me out of the dance floor so he could talk to me properly.

"What are you doing in here?" Stiles asked me with wide eyes.

"I'm just having fun!" I said back and he sent me a look. "Ugh, does Lydia know?"

"Yeah, I tried to distract her but she obviously saw you." He sighed.

"I guess I need to talk to her." I said and looked around. "Where is she?" I frowned my eyebrows.

"She's outside. She went find Jackson." He said in a frustrating tone and I nodded at him.

I got out the gym and went outside looking for Lydia. I went to the Lacrosse field, just in case. I saw a little body standing on the field and yelling around.

"Jackson!" Yeah, she was Lydia. "Jackson!" I took off my heels and run up to her.

"Lydia!" She turned around and saw me. "What are you doing in here?"

"That's what I am supposed to ask you." She said putting emphasis on the word you. "But first, I need to find Jackson."

Suddenly, all the lights around the lacrosse field started lighting up out of nothing.

A shade of a male body appeared in the darkness and Lydia just stepped forward.

"Jackson, is that you?" She asked but the man didn't answer. He just kept walking up to us.

"Lydia! Kelsey!" I turned around once I heard someone screaming my name. Stiles was running forwards us. "Run!"

I looked at him confused and when I turned around to Lydia, she was on the ground covered in her own blood. I looked at the men who did that to her, but before I could scream, I felt my head hitting the field ground and my vision blurring until I could see nothing.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to do this prologue, where its explains how Kelsey turned into Banshee.

Outfit on this chapter: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=141767090&.locale=es

Actually here explains a lot of information. Such as:

1. How did Kelsey turn into a Banshee.

2. The nameless boy. Is SO important in the sequel.

3. Why her eyes are bright blue, instead of yellow. This is the begging of what happened to her.

It's all related.

As I said before, I will be doing a Q&A about the story and the sequel so if you want to ask something, I'm all ears.

I hope you enjoyed it and remember that I love you :) Byee > Alba.