Chapter 18: 18 Million Dollars

[ c h a p t e r  18 ]

Kelsey

I sighed as I entered in Mr. Stilinski's office. Right after Liam left I got a message from Lydia and the next thing I knew was that my grandmother wasn't actually dead. 

"It's not just that she could still be alive." Stiles looked at his father and me.

"It's that she would've had fake her death." My sister finished.

"Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" Mr. Stilinski repeated. 

"Definitely." Stiles said.

"Maybe." Lydia corrected him.

"More likely yes." Stiles ignored her.

"Oh, I'm guessing you got a story to back this up?" Mr. Stilinski asked.

"She might be helping the Benefactor." Lydia explained. 

"Or is the Benefactor." I barely whispered.

"Sounds like a story worth hearing." He looked at us and closed the door. 

"I think Parrish could help us with this." I suggested and Sheriff Stilinski opened the door once again. 

"Anybody seen Parrish?" He asked but nobody answered. "Haigh?" 

"Haven't seen him." Haigh looked back at him.

Mr. Stilinski came back but I wasn't paying too much attention. I could see movement through the window and the moment I heard shooting I got up and went outside to see a dirty Parrish beating up Haigh to death.

"Hey, Hey!" Sheriff Stilinski pointed them with his gun but before he could do anything a shotgun echoed around the room and Mr. Stilinski fell into the ground. I was still shocked watching Parrish punching Haigh.

*****

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked Parrish as he check him out.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" I asked looking up. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"Well, they should be gone." Derek looked back at me.

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone." Parrish pointed.

"Not if you're like us." Scott told him.

"Like you?"

"I don't think he's like us." Derek said.

"Then what is he?" Lydia asked.

"Sorry, but I have no idea." He replied.

"But you knew Jackson and Kira." Scott looked at him.

"This is a little out of my experience." Derek said. "There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is." Scott answered.

"Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary?" Parrish interrupted. "Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia?" He finally asked. "Are you all psychic?"

"Psychic?" Drek looked at him incredulous. 

"Yeah."

"Well, in my case, yes. I'm a "psychic". But if you mean them..." I nodded over Scott and Derek.

"Not exactly." Scott finished.

"Okay, then. What are you?" Parrish asked once again. Scott got closer to him and glowed his eyes.