selfie with jetlag

'the selfie games have begun. brushing the teeth after some good ass cupcakes. :P' 

//

Beth started at her phone, looking at the picture with a chunk of pizza in her mouth.  She was kind of weary about sending a picture of herself to a complete stranger.  She paused 'Friends' and opened the camera out, taking a selfie in front of her tv.

'selfie with my favorite tv show. friends.'

Beth waited ten minutes, seeing he had read it, kind of hoping he would reply.  He never replied though.  She was about to pass out on her couch.  However, Beth doesn't like having an apartment to herself, it's too big.  She was going to post an ad about a roommate, soon.  She may just ask a friend.

She's always slept with some kind of light on.  Definitely music, though.  Beth has a light up clock that she usually uses, or sometimes she'll leave the tv on.  She doesn't have to be at the shop until three tomorrow, so she gets to sleep in and have her own time.  Listen to music, watch netflix, go grocery shopping, anything she wanted.  Beth got another text, but it was from Tyler.  It was a simple 'you still up?' because if she said yes, he would've called, insisting they talk on the phone.  Beth doesn't like talking on the phone, though.  She read the message, but didn't reply.  She just grabbed a blanket and laid on the couch, falling asleep to Phoebes' 'Smelly Cat'.

\\

"Cal, you ready for the US?" Ashton said excitedly.

"More than excited, not for the jet-lag, though." Calum yawned.

"I'm actually excited to get some more of those cupcakes before we leave.  Those were so damn good." Michael said, rolling his eyes back.

"Man those were the best cupcakes I've ever had." Ashton groaned.

"Who's on cupcake duty before we leave?" Calum said, immediately regretting it.

All the boys looked at him and smiled, giving him a 'you're on cupcake duty, cal' face.  Calum groaned, knowing it was his turn to go out to get something.  Those cupcakes were worth it, though.  He looked at the messages between him and red.  He fell asleep last night, before she could reply.  Calum regretted falling asleep.  He wanted to get some kind of convo going, because damn she was hot.

//

Beth was at the grocery store, grabbing two of each of her addictions.  Two jars of 'Goober Grape' peanut butter and jelly, two packs of five gum, and Ed Sheerans new CD. She couldn't forget bread for her peanut butter and jelly.  Goober Grape is what she basically lived on.  She was about to pull out of the grocery store parking lot when she saw puppies for sale.  She stared at the sign, debating.  Beth was such an animal lover, especially dogs.  She drove closer to it and grabbed her wallet, before getting out and walking to the woman in charge. 

"What kind of puppies are these?" Beth said, eyeing all of the puppies.

"These are baby cocker spaniels.  They're fifty a piece." The woman said, smiling.

Beth looked at the puppies and noticed one of them jumping in its cage.  Beth moved closer to that one, and the puppy got more excited.  Beth smiled at it and petted it.

"That's a boy, he's not named, so you can name him if you get him." 

"I'll take him." Beth smiled, pulling out some of her spare cash.

The woman took the money and took him out of the cage.  Beth smiled and grabbed the puppy, holding him gently.  

"I'm gonna call you Chester." She cooed, letting him lick her cheek.

She laughed at Chester, walking back into the store, to get food and toys for her new puppy.  

//

"Will someone watch my new puppy?" Beth raised her voice, walking in the shop.  The familiar workers looked at her and Chester and awed.  The shop wasn't busy, for now, so they could pay attention to Chester.

"Awww, he's too cute." Beth's' mother said, petting Chester.

Beth went to put on her apron, letting everyone meet baby Chester.  He was too cute.  Everyone took turns watching Chester while Beth was working.  They know how much Beth loves animals.  Beth had been working for a couple of hours when they got busy.  Chester was laying down on the floor, minding his own business.

"Beth, how man cupcakes are back there?"  Her mom called from the front.

"About thirty, how many do you need?" Beth said, getting a box for the cupcakes.

"The boy up there needs twenty, and no chocolate ones, just vanilla and whatever we have." 

"Good grief what's with boys and our cupcakes?" Beth complained, putting the cupcakes in the box, about to take it to the guy up front.

"No, Honey.  I'll do it, you stay back and sit down, you've been going non stop and haven't taken a break." 

"You sure?" Beth asked, getting excited.

"I'm positive, sweetie." Beths mom smiled, before walking out of the kitchen.

Beth sat down and took a deep breath before petting Chester.  She listened to the music that was playing in the background.  Beth was always the one to put the music together for the shop.  She put Ed Sheeran, The Fray, The Script, Bon Iver, The 1975, everything you could think of on it.  She couldn't stand pop or rap, though.  Nobody would every mind what music was playing, it was nice and soothing.  Like right now, 'Skinny Love' by Bon Iver was playing.  That's an amazing song. 

She was looking around the kitchen, seeing how far they've came with the shop.  Originally, Beths' dads' job moved them to the UK.  Beths mom just seemed to love it here, and had a fetish for baking, so why not open a bakery.  The main reason she opened it was because she made the most amazing cream puffs.  That's why the shop's called 'Dream Puffs', but we ended up just baking a lot and selling a lot more, so hey, why not bake more?

Beth was texting Tyler, just casual convo, before getting another text, from the familiar number.

'About to tear into some cupcakes before plane ride. :) Jet-lag kills.  Sorry for not replying to your selfie last night, red.  I fell asleep.' 

\\

oh lord does beth even realize that cal ate the cupcakes that she basically made and decorated oh my gosh girl get it together 

please read, comment, like, vote, follow meeeeeee.  i think this story's going to go pretty good.  

ASHTON IRWINS GIGGLE MAKES ME HAPPY

i went to tmh tour last year on july 22nd and saw 5sos and one direction.  exactly a year later on july 22nd, 5sos's albums releasing in the us okay im crying bye