operation get calum a date

"What's that?"

"It's an algebra equation."

"Why do you have to do Algebra when all you're doing is rescuing sea animals?" 

"I honestly have no idea, Calum." Beth said, rubbing her eyes.

This stuff was horrible.  Beth was horrible at math.  Luckily, Mikey was coming to help.

"Well that's dumb.  We're glad Mikey's coming." Calum said.

"Yeah, he's like my lifesaver right now.  Hey, when are you leaving?" 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I can leave now if you-" 

"No, Calum, I mean London, when are you leaving?" Beth said, laughing.

"Oh!  We're here for another week and a half so a week and a half I guess." Calum laughed.

Beth smiled and went back to Algebra.

"Hey, but I can leave if you want me to." 

"No, I like having you here." 

\\

"You need to ask her on a date already, Cal." Ashton groaned.

"I've been trying to!  I want to see what she likes, though.  I don't want to take her to some romantic movie if she doesn't like that stuff."

"I know what you could do." Niall said, walking into the room.

"What?" 

"Apparently, she's got a close friend named Paige.  We need to get a hold of Paige to get a hold of her brother." 

"Her brother?" 

"Yeah.  I was hanging out with Elissa the other night and saw a picture of him with her in a uniform.  He's been deployed for quite a while now.  That my friend, would win you a date.  Plus, I'm a sucker for reunitings like that." Niall gushed.

"Let's do it." 

"Operation get Calum a date." 

\\

Beth had just finished her algebra, all thanks to Michael.  He really was a genius in Algebra.  He explained everything to her and she slowly, but surely got it.  She thanked Michael a thousand times.  She was closing her laptop for the day and heard a knock on the door.  She sighed and got up, expecting it to be Calum, who was bringing back dinner. 

"Hiya!" Paige said, before barging in and petting Chester.

"Hey, whatcha doin?" Beth asked, looking out in the hall, hoping Calum wasn't gonna be here when Paige was.

"Well, I was bored.  So, I came here." Paige said, grabbing a pop-tart from the pantry.

"Hey, I have to tell you somethin-" 

"I'm back!" Calum said, walking in.

"Hey, you're that guy!" Paige said, mouth full of poptart.

"You're that girl!" Calum said, setting down the dinner.

"Wait!  Why are you here?" Paige asked.

"Well, basically band stuff." Calum said.

"Wow, ya know, Beth was gushing-"