{3}

one month later

Ivory was seated on the counter- I stood directly in front of her, ensuring she had no way of falling off the counter.

The five of us were going through pints of ice cream- trying to find some prize key that Michael swears will win us thousands of dollars.

This resulted in the four of us groaning over a stomach ache and Ivory having chocolate ice cream all over her.

"How did you even get ice cream right there?" Luke asked her, wiping her face gently.

"You know, bro" michael spoke

"She's been here for a month and she's two- and she's managed to get all four of us wrapped around her fingers" he spoke, raised eyebrows.

"Just imagine when she's a teenager"

seven years later.

We were going through a ceremony to celebrate finally becoming official attendings.

The four of us had never been happier- we were so happy to finally be fucking done.

We got our certificates- took ass tons of pictures before I could finally return to Ivory.

She was nine.

Growing every fucking day.

And making me happier and happier everyday.

We hugged as soon as I got to her.

Her and I took a few pictures, us both happy together.

I kissed her temple gently- seeing her moving to Calum, giving him a big hug.

After even more pictures- we went out to dinner.

Luke's girlfriend Arzaylea joined us- allowing us to finally meet her.

She seemed very focused on Ivory- which did confuse me slightly.

Why exactly did it matter to my best friends girlfriend who the mother to my daughter was?

"We don't discuss that" luke quickly spoke- sending her a small look.

"Every girl deserves to know her mother" she spoke simply.

The table went silent- Ivory shifted awkwardly

"Like I said" luke repeated

"We don't talk about that."

We went home soon, and I went upstairs to tuck Ivory in.

She was in bed, focused on the tv.

"Bedtime" I breathed out, moving to her, kissing her head gently.

"Why don't we ever talk about my mom?" She asked.

I froze slightly- keeping my lips against her head.

I breathed out, sitting beside her.

"I don't want you to worry about her- okay?" I spoke quietly.

"You deserved better than what she gave you and I'll always be damn sure to give you better than what she gave you." I finished.

"I just think it's something we should talk about-" "I think it's something we should talk about when you're older." I spoke, pushing hair away from her eyes.

"It's nothing a nine year old should worry about, okay princess?" I breathed out.

She gave me a small nod.

I kissed her head again, pulling the blankets onto her before walking out of the room, shutting her door.

"So how much older does she have to get before you talk to her about it?" Calum whispered from his door.

"Old enough to where she doesn't care to ask"

"You better watch out- she's going to be sixteen in the blink of a fucking eye"