{12}

two months later

Josh and I just had finished a new stunt we had been working the entire month to perfect, and it was finally perfect.

We were so happy- we were on cloud nine.

"I say" he breathed out after our coach dismissed us

"You and me- milkshakes." He laughed out.

"I can agree with you on that one."

I texted Dad, tell him where we were going so he wouldn't leave work to pick me up from practice.

"It's a three minute walk" he informed me, looking to make sure I was okay with that

"Let's go" I smiled.

I intertwined our arms as we walked, talking about nothing but how good we felt.

"I swear- nothing could ruin my mood."

I laughed- nodding in agreement.

We stopped at the red light- waiting on the walk sign patiently.

The white walker person flashed on- making Josh and I immediately step into the traffic.

We walked at a quick pace- Josh telling me about his dog as he searched through his phone for a picture

And what happened next- was completely unexpected

I heard a honk- which is what made me look up- seeing a car coming straight towards us.

I had no time to react, no time to scream, no time to even move.

And from that point on- I felt everything.

I felt the impact of the car

I felt my feet literally leave the ground

And then I felt my body come into contact with the ground.

I gasped for air- finding that the wind was knocked out of me.

I squeezed my eyes shut, moving my arms to try and lift myself.

"Stop- no, don't move sweetie." A female spoke, her hand hitting my shoulder gently,

I let out almost a scream- feeling so much pain from so many different places I couldn't even identify.

"I know- I'm on the phone with 911, keep your eyes open- take deep breaths." She spoke simply

I was in so much pain- just the tears sliding down my cheeks hurt.

And then it hit me

Josh

"Josh." I breathed out, letting almost a sob come out- seeing more people surrounding.

"Is that your friend?" The girl spoke.

"Yeah." I breathed out, managing to get myself onto my back.

"He's unconscious but has a pulse." She spoke.

I wish I was unconscious.

I heard sirens- and soon there was what I assumed was a cop over me.

"Okay sweetie- I'm assuming you're in some pain." He spoke, his hand cupping my own- which is what I needed.

"My dad- he's a-" "try not to breathe so erratically sweetie- I know it hurts but you're going to make yourself pass out."