{16}

ivory.
The next day

I was with Calum- fully depending on him as we walked outside, which was the furthest I've walked in the past four days.

My body hurt.

The medicine certainly didn't help when it came to moving around.

I felt like-

Well-

I felt like I was hit by a car

That's the best way to describe it

We went back into the room, where he held my hands, letting me sit in a random chair rather than the bed, which I appreciated.

"I need to check your road rash" he breathed out.

"That shit kills me during a shower." I spoke, making him nod.

"It's open wounds, water is going to burn."

I stood, holding myself up thanks to the support of a wall

He unwrapped my leg- throwing everything away.

"Princess" he breathed out, his hand holding my leg gently.

I looked- purely disgusting myself at what I saw.

Black, red and purple all the way down my thigh and to almost the bottom of my leg.

"I think it got worse" I mumbled- not remembering it being that bad at last nights shower.

"Which nurse put your wrap on?" He asked.

"Dillon" I spoke simply.

"He didn't put wet gauze down- therefore it rubbed against the wrap all night and the entire walk- so you're very irritated right now" he explained slowly.

"What's that mean?" I asked him.

He breathed out

"I wanna leave it open for a little bit" he spoke, his eyes scanning over the area- sympathy taking over his face every time our eyes met.

"Let's lay you down so I can get you some sort of antibiotic on this, and then I'll leave it open for about twenty minutes, then we'll do wet gauze and some cooling towels to try to reduce the swelling you have and then I'll wrap it." He nodded, making me nod in agreement.

He made me lay on my right side and he laid two blue mat things along with a towel under my left leg, grabbing a liquid.

"Will it burn?" I asked him

"Not half as bad as what you felt when it first happened" he spoke, seeing sincere.

"But it will have a little sting to it."

It certainly did have a little sting- but he didn't lie to me, so I appreciated it.

I closed my eyes, holding the bed rail tightly, praying that it would end soon.

"Infection?" I heard dads voice say, feeling his hand touch my hip gently,

"Not quite yet- but a risk" Calum's voice spoke.

"Very irritated" he spoke- informing dad of Dillon's mistake.

"What nurse doesn't use wet gauze?" Luke's voice chimed in, and I soon felt his hand taking my own off the bed rail, intertwining our fingers.

"I have no idea" Calum mumbled, finally stopping the liquid.

"The bad part is done princess." He spoke, but I kept my eyes shut anyway

"Are you going to wrap it now-" "no I want to leave it open for twenty minutes and then do a wet gauze and cooling rags for about ten and then wrap it- just to help with the swelling and irritation." Calum informed dad.

"You okay princess?" Dad spoke, his hand rubbing my side gently.

I opened my eyes, nodding towards him.

He kissed my cheek gently, making me look to Luke, who was holding my hand with one of his hands, his other stroking my hair gently.

"When can I go home?" I asked, missing my bed and just being surrounded by- my room.

"Maybe tomorrow or the next day, you walked a lot today so we'll have to see what Calum thinks." Luke mumbled, carefully adjusting some iv tubing as he did.

Luke and I ended up in my bed together.

I listened to his heartbeat as his arms wrapped around me- rubbing my back gently

I found myself getting very, very tired

Calum and dad soon returned- laughing towards us.

"You're putting her to sleep" Calum spoke, sending me a wink before grabbing Gauze, slowly wetting them before laying them beside me.

I focused on Luke's heartbeat as the three of them discussed doctor things, and I soon just let my body go

Ashton.

"And she's gone" Luke spoke quietly, making the three of us look to her- seeing her now out cold on his chest.

"I'm glad she's sleeping- she hasn't been sleeping half as much as she should be, she's turned into a light sleeper" Calum spoke.

"It's all the people in and out of her room" I spoke, looking to my beautiful princess, who was so damn beat up but yet still glowing.

I guess nothing would ever change my view on her, she would always be my perfect baby girl.

"This is some of the worst road rash I've ever had to deal with." Calum informed me, continuing the wet gauze.

It was pretty damn bad.

She was still pretty raw- scabs having trouble forming over the scraps, the scabs that did form were oddly colored dark purple and black.

There was some rough bruising right above where it started- which we had to lift her shorts to see, and all around it was a light pink- red color due to the irritation, it certainly didn't make a room full of doctors happy

It was a gateway to infection.

"She's lucky" Luke spoke

"Most people die from accidents like this."

"I think we're a little more lucky, we still have the center of our lives without days full of pain- she still has her life but she's going through hell"