{43}

"Ivory- please come downstairs with us" I asked for the fifth time.

"Dad- I don't feel like it" she spoke, keeping her back to me.

I kept my patience- knowing she was clouded with different emotions.

"Baby, we just want to spend time with you-" "dad please- I just want to be alone." She snapped quickly.

"You spent all day yesterday alone- we're not making that a habit" I spoke back- knowing the signs of depression and knowing that this was surely one of them.

"Why can't I just have time to myself?" She snapped back to me, turning to look to me.

"Because you've been through a traumatic experience and that isn't something you need to go through alone." I spoke back calmly.

"Yeah, well I've been through a lot of traumatic experiences- I can handle myself" she spat.

"Ivory" I spoke slowly.

"Listen to what you're saying- listen to your tone of voice" I spoke slowly.

She dropped her pen on her desk- her hands covering her face.

"I just want to be alone" she spoke quietly.

"I'm not leaving you alone tonight- you were alone in here all day yesterday" I spoke- missing my daughters hugs and constant affection towards us.

With that she stood- coming to me, her bloodshot eyes telling me she hasn't slept.

I held her face, looking to her no longer vibrant eyes

"Where's my baby girl?" I asked, feeling my voice crack.

"I'm here" her voice cracked back- her eyes immediately watering up

"I don't know what's wrong with me" she started crying, making me pull her into me.

"I can't catch a break dad- everything is going so wrong" she sobbed into my stomach.

Calum appeared, concern taking over his face.

"I think" I spoke slowly.

"I think we should get you a check up with call and look into getting you a therapist that isn't Luke" I suggested, hearing no backlash from her

"What do you think about that?" I asked quietly.

"I'm okay with that"