{7}

"Why don't we ever talk about- the mother thing" she spoke suddenly, playing with the edge of her bandaid as I drove her home.

"We have talked about it, princess" I breathed out.

"Then why do I not know anything about her?" She asked me, which made me breathe out as I pulled into the driveway, putting my car into park.

"Your mother was very irresponsible when we got you" I explained

"She acted young and pretty much dumped you into me- you were two and underweight when I got you." I continued, looking to her.

"No more detail about your mother needs to be shared- because you are obviously much better without her and you didn't deserve that in the first place" I finished, stepping out of the car and making sure she followed close behind me .

"Were you guys married or just dating?" And asked, making me breath out.

"Seriously Ivory- it's really nothing you should even be thinking about" I spoke quickly.

"Dad you don't understand" she spoke quickly back to me.

"And baby girl, you don't understand my side of this- and you won't until you're much older-" "you've told me that I won't understand until I'm older since I was seven." She spoke- looking to the door as the guys entered.

"And obviously, I have a reason- I'm serious Ivory, none of this should even be in your head" I spoke quickly

"Dad, every teenage girl wants to know about her fucking mom" she groaned out- and at this point, I was getting slightly ticked off.

"Ivory- I've told you the answer to your questions." I spoke, seeing Calum enter, looking to Ivory.

"Actually- you've ignored all of my questions." She spoke quickly, turning to walk away.

"Why is it such a big fucking deal, ivory?" I suddenly spoke to her- not meaning to raise my voice, but I did.

"I want someone to talk to about things-" "well I'm so fucking sorry that myself and the guys aren't enough for you." I spat towards her

"That's not what I meant." She quickly argued, and Calum slowly nudged me- trying to make me shut up- but at this point, I was beyond angry

"Ivory I invested my life into you- I dropped everything to take care of a fucking toddler, and you sitting here telling me that you want to talk to the woman who abandoned you- it really kinda pissed me off." I spat out.

"It's not that I want to talk to her!" She almost yelled back towards me.

"Just fucking-" I cut myself off

"Go upstairs, I'll send you her phone number- she can just show you herself how worthless she thinks you are." I lied- knowing good and well I didn't even have her phone number.

She didn't say a word- she went upstairs completely silent, only hearing her door shut.

"You could've handled that much differently" Calum mumbled, watching as the guys entered.

"Shut up" I breathed out, putting my hands to my face

"Ya know" michael mumbled quietly

"You should hear out what she's trying to tell you" he finished, making me look to him

Luke rolled his eyes

"Ashton- she's trying to tell you that not all teenage girls want to talk to their dad about things- she's trying to tell you that she wants a female to talk to."