Meeting new people 20 questions edition

Y/N Pov

There we were sitting in silence, well relatively silent aside from the witch next to me eating a cookie.

"So.... you four gonna introduce yourselves or what?" I asked

It seems my question got them back from whatever plane of existence their minds had wondered to. The four coming to grips with whatever i did but still cautious of the witch came into the room and stood around me. The biker guy kept shifting his eyes from the witch and his gun.

"Since no one else is going to say anything I'll start my names Louis. That's Zoey, over there is Bill and that's Fransis." Louis said pointing to himself then, to the other female of the group ,then to the vet and finally the biker.

"It's nice to meet you all and if the looks I was getting awhile ago are anything to go on i'm guessing you all have some questions for me huh?"

"You're right about that lets start with the easiest question. How in the world were you able to do this?" Zoey asked as she gestured between me and the witch.

"Oh that's an easy one, during my travels I came across this survivor kinda reminded me of a pimp or maybe a broke pimp either way. We travelled together for a little while and he told me about the time he saved his ass from being killed by a witch." I said reminiscing about my travels through the zombie apocalypse.

"Well don't just leave us in suspense how'd he do it." Francis said with a little attitude for not getting a straight forward answer.

"Right right anyways he said he was traveling through some hallway looking for supplies when all of a sudden he starts hearing growling. He didn't think much about it until he found out that the growls he heard belong to a witch and he just startled her. Now the witch was about to rip him a new asshole when he reached into his pack and grabbed the first thing he could get his hands on then threw it. The thing he threw was a big package of sugar the witch looked at the thing of sugar and completely forgot he existed then went to town on that package of sugar while he ran living to fight another day. So I just took the info from that conversation we had and came to a simple conclusion." I said as I pointed at the witch next to me who was eating another cookie. "Witches love sweets."

The others just looked at me dumbfounded that, that simple of a solution could save someone from becoming bloody confetti at the hands of a witch.

"You mean to tell me that all any of us have to do is give a witch some candy and we'll be fine." Francis said still trying to come to grips with the answer I told them.

"Well at least I know who the pedo of the group is now should I be worried about you having a windowless room on wheels." I said looking at fransis. Zoey and Louis got a chuckle out of that.

"What!! Why would you say something like that!?!" Francis said gripping his shotgun a bit tighter than need be.

I laughed at his reaction "no need to get trigger happy I'm just messing with you anyways what's your next question?"

"What is in your duffle bag?" Louis asked decided to take the offer curious about my belongings.

"Just the basics you know guns, medical supplies, explosives, swords, knives,  experimental tech, ammo, food, drinks, and snacks, speaking of which." I grabbed the cookies from the witch "you've had enough last thing you need is a stomach ache."

The witch whined while reaching for the cookies but I kept it out of her reach. Once I put the cookies up I looked to her. "You can have some later."

The witch reluctantly accepted and put her head down on the table waiting for whenever later was. I looked back to the group in front of me "now where was I oh yeah what was in my duffle bag I think I've already covered so what's your next question?"

"How long have you been traveling for?" Bill asked.

"For a while now I was traveling before the green flu virus became an epidemic. I was trying to leave the city I was attempting to meet up with some friends of mine. Now we're all trying to get to our hideout."

"What's so important about that hideout of yours anyways?" Francis asked

I looked down then glanced over to the witch next to me before looking back at the four "a chance for us to fix a mistake that's all you need to know anyways." Bill looked at me like he was trying to solve a puzzle but let it slide for now.

"Now how about I ask y'all some questions now, let's start with you Louis where were you when the world went to shit?"

"Oh that's an easy one I was at the office when some of my co-workers started feeling ill and one of my co-workers who was a bit of a workaholic walks out of their office he seemed fine one moment next thing I know he's taking a bite out of another co-worker so I got out of there as fast as I could."

"Smart man." I said nodding my head before turning to Francis. "How about you Francis how'd you come in contact with the infection?"

"I was having a drink at my favorite bar. The bartender came in a little worse for wear he was hacking and coughing. A little while later he's complaining about his stomach and started throwing up I left after that. A week later I found the bartender again only he was a boomer."

"Man that sucks." I said before looking at zoey. "What about you zoey what was your introduction to the zombie apocalypse?"

"It was with my boyfriend it happened a little after his birthday. Funniest thing I gave him a hoodie for his birthday he said it would be his lucky charm. I guess luck wasn't on his side he died and, later he found me that's when I found out he became a hunter when he tried to kill me." Zoey seemed a bit saddened after she answered.

"Sorry to bring up some bad memories zoey."

"It's alright I've already gotten over it."

I turn to bill "So bill judging from the attire I'm gonna guess you're military the question is are you retired and if you are what did you do before you retired?"

"Yes I'm retired and before that I  fought in the Vietnam War."

"Man that must have been hell."

"You have no idea how right you are. Alright then let's talk about the elephant in the room. What exactly are we going to do with her?" Bill asked as he gestured to the witch.

"Oh that's an easy one she's staying here with us of course." I said causing shocked looks to spread to all four their faces I then pointed at fransis. "Your next words will be your out of your fucking mind if you think she's staying here."

"Your out of your fucking mind if you think she's staying here!" Francis said before looking at me in confusion.

I laughed at the face Francis made "all jokes aside she's staying I've got plans for her so I need her to stay and if any of you have a problem with that take it up with someone who cares cause it won't be me."

A small argument later and them begrudgingly coming to terms with the fact I wasn't going to get rid of the witch. They agreed to let the witch stay but she's got to be under supervision.

"You got to keep her but what are you going to name her I mean your not just going to call her witch all the time are you?" Zoey asked

"No I already came up with a name for her."

"Really? What's her name gonna be then?" Louis asked

"Her name is gonna be Eve." I said with a smile on my face.

"Why Eve?" Bill asked his curiosity peaked at my choice of name.

"Well in the Bible it's said eve screwed the world when she ate the apple off the tree. So I thought while that eve screwed the world this one could save it." I said as I smiled and rubbed Eve's head. Eve stiffened up when I started rubbing her head but relaxed into it and on to me with a blissful smile on her face.

" My plans gonna work and Eve is going to be the key to its success."

Hope you enjoyed comment what you think and I'll see you in the next chapter and sorry it took so long to get out.