Cornered

The room was completely silent as my head slowly turned to look at eve. Her smiling face was the last thing I saw before everything went dark.

When I started to regaining consciousness I noticed my head was resting on something soft. Opening my eyes I saw greeted to the sight of everyone in front of me.

"Look who's finally up." Bill said letting the others know I was awake.

"Yeah yeah hello to you to anyway I had the weirdest dream." I said

"What was it about?" Zoey asked with a look that said "I'm getting a kick out of this" or she knew something I didn't.

"I dreamt that eve called me." I started to say as I closed my eyes relaxing into the soft pillow my head was resting on.

"Mate." I heard a voice say above me

"Yeah that." I said relaxing on the pillow until my mind registered who the voice belonged to. Turning my head I was met with the glorious sight of under boobs and eve's smiling face as she looked down at me.

"It wasn't a dream was it?" I asked but I already knew the answer.

"Nope." Louis said.

"Eve who taught you this?" I asked while gesturing to the lap pillow I was currently using.

"Zo-zo." Eve said with a smile on her face.

"Ah okay. So what's the game plan today?" I asked to the group as I was relaxing into eve's lap.

"You gonna get up?"

"Nah to comfy so what's on the agenda today?"

"We're stocking up on supplies so we can head off to the next safe house."

"That means I'm gonna have to get up." I said sitting up from eve's lap walked over to my duffle bag and started heading over to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Scavenger hunting for supplies or anything that'll peek my interests I'll be back in an hour or two."

"I'm coming with ya this time." Francis said as he grabbed his shotgun and started heading to the door.

"I come too?" Eve asked.

"Not this time eve." I said.

"Okay." Eve said dejectedly it honestly hurt me to see her like that.

"How about this eve you help them with getting everything ready for us to go and when I get back I'll make you something sweet as a reward."

"Mate promise." Eve asked while looking up at me with a hopeful smile.

"Yes I promise." I said accepting the fact I'm not getting out of being called mate anytime soon.

"Okay." Eve said cheerfully before walking over to Zoey to help her out with packing.

"Alright we'll be back later." I said as me and Francis left the safe house.

Time skip

While searching around we found some good things from books, knives, a few bottles of booze, to a few bullets here and there all in all its been a good hunt and the last place we're hitting is the abandoned restaurant I saw. While inside we found rolling pins a few left behind recipe books you know the usual things you find in a restaurant. While finishing up our search a zombie ran out of the back room of the restaurant we've been raiding only to get shot by Francis.

"Nice shot Francis." I said as I shot the zombie he shot in the head.

"Thanks." Francis said

"No problem well I say that's enough scavenging for today let's......head......back." I said before sniffing the air.