Chapter 11

"Maeve most likely knows we're coming, Erawan probably does too," Manon said.

"Yes, so we attack from all sides, they have the disadvantage of the smaller field. Once the fighting is at the peak, you'll go and find Aelin," Aedion replied.

"Anyone with magic stays out of front lines for as long as possible until they feel they can't go on anymore," Rowan announced.

"You get the first shot," Aedion said to Rowan. The latter simply nodding his head.

The sun was beating down on them, but nothing could stop the sheer grit in Terrasen's army as they marched forward to the mountains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan slid into the killing calm he often despised. He was going to get Aelin back, even if he died doing so.

"Thank you," Aedion said from next to Rowan. Both of them leading the armies towards the mountains. "For everything you've done for her. I'm-I'm glad she gave you the oath."

Rowan stared at his brother for a few seconds before hugging him.

"It's an honor," Rowan replied.

"Bring her back," He nodded.

The mountains were now close enough that Rowan could see the whites of the sentries eyes as they realized they were under attack.

Rowan slide out his arrow from his pack, sliding it into the bow. He quickly searched for his first target, his eyes landing on the blonde hair fae that was sprinting up down the mountain. He aimed, a death's wish on his lips, and he landed.

Right through the head.

"CHARGE!" Aedion bellowed as he pulled out the Sword of Ornyth and charged forward.

Dorian and Elide were in the back where Rowan was now flying too.

"When?" Dorian asked.

"Judging by the carnage right now, we should go in a few minutes," And until then, Rowan and Dorian shot out their magic from the back lines.

"How can I be of help?" Elide asked, standing behind a tree.

Elide was changed into clothes of a noble woman earlier by Lysandra, not knowing what for.

"You're to be a distraction, Dorian and I will pretend to be your bodyguards. You are there to visit Maeve," Rowan told her, grunting from the usage of his magic. Elide didn't have the guts to say she was scared, not when people were being slaughtered in front of her.

Too much he told himself, he needed to save his magic for Aelin.

The sun was almost at its peak, "Rowan, we need to go now." The yelling and screaming drowning out his voice, were it not for Rowan's fae senses, he wouldn't have heard.

Dorian grabbed Elide's arm as the three of them sprinted for the black mountains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan had killed so many people, he lost count.

As the three of them sprinted inside, the Fae King was leaving a path of dead bodies, anyone charging from the back was strangled from the hands of Dorian's magic.

They neared a cellar and Rowan dove in.

"Change," He chucked a guards suit at him, one he swiftly took off a dead body.

Elide shut her eyes as the man and the male changed in front of her.

"Walk  like you own the place," Rowan ordered Elide before they walked back out into the hallway.