Chapter 20

She was slowly getting back into her old self. Every morning Aedion and Rowan would help her train, then Lysandra and Aelin would take Fleetfoot on a run, a slow one though for Aelin's body was still getting used to constant use. Not a an iron coffin.

Luca and Emrys would feed her constantly to gain her weight back, even through her protests.

Fenrys, Gavriel, Lorcan, Connall, and Vaughan took up permanent residence in the castle, meaning that the cadre as Aelin loved to call it was back.

The coronation was set to be tomorrow, and the castle was being decorated as if there is no tomorrow.

"It's the biggest day of your life!" Lysandra exclaimed as she rehearsed the coronation with Aelin.

The Queen of Terrasen just chuckles and said, "Already had that when I married him," she said raising an eyebrow towards her mate who was meeting with the guards to ensure her safety tomorrow.

"Ew and awww," Lysandra said as Aelin sat on a chair (which was acting as a throne) and placed her forearms on the arms of the chair. "I don't know how this goes sooooo...Ladies and Gentlemen, I now crown the princess of Terrasen, Queen Aelin of Terrasen!"

She placed the flower crown on Aelin's head, Aelin waved and stood up. "Then I say my speech and then Rowan's crowned," she whispered careful of her surroundings.

Rowan hadn't known he was going to be crowned at the coronation, as that had never happened before. But Aelin threw away the imaginary box of traditions a loooong time ago.

She had wanted it to be a surprise for Rowan.

The man who had walked with her on the path from darkness to her crown, she decided, would be crowned King next to her. Not prince consort.

They were equals, for eternity and whatever after.