Chapter 31

Six months later

"I want to rewrite my will," Aelin said, at casual dinner with Rowan, Aedion, and Lysandra.

Her stomach was now protruding, much to Aelin's dismay.

I think you look absolutely beautiful, Rowan had said to her when she was looking down at herself in the mirror this morning.

"Why?" Rowan replied, searching her eyes for anything off.

Aelin paused.

"You already know fae fertility is rare, but the delivery can be deadly," she whispered.

His face went stone cold.

"You're not dying," Aedion growled.

"You're not God," Aelin snapped.

Lysandra recoiled, holding back her tears. One look at her face had Aelin standing up to head to her rooms, Rowan following after her.

She sat on her bed, hand on her stomach. Rowan leaned against the doorway.

They stayed like that for a few seconds until she said, "Choose the baby over me. If it comes to that, promise me you will choose the baby over me," she grit her teeth over the falling tears.

"There won't be any choosing," Rowan walked towards her and sat next to his fiance, wife in a month, he thought to himself.

"Promise me," She looked at him with glassy eyes. She wouldn't ask him to go together, not when her own parents died so young.

He just shook his head and wiped her tears. "Our love is too young," he whispered. "A thousand years, Fireheart, a thousand."

Author's note - I'm so sorry this was so short, I wanted to have something out today but I haven't been able to write all week due to school :( Anyways I think there will be a few chapters left in this fanfiction due to the fact that Kingdom of Ash is coming out so soon! I'm excited but also sad to leave this behind. I will be working on something else (perhaps an A Court of Thorns and Roses fanfiction? Or another Throne of Glass fanfiction set after Kingdom of Ash? Let me know if you would like that!) As always thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this.