Chapter 21

Her sizes for everything had dropped drastically since her five months in captivity.

So Philippa had a new gown sewn, catering to her new figure.

It was an astonishingly beautiful gown, metallic gold (as per her request), with lace sleeves and a full back. Because she decided that today was not about her past, it was about her future, and most importantly, the future of Terrasen.

"Jesus Lys you make me look like a lady," Aelin chuckled as she looked herself in the mirror. Lysandra had made Aelin's hair a bit longer than shoulder length again, loosely curling it at the ends. Aelin's eyes were left natural, for today she wanted to let the Ashryver lineage show.

"You look great Aelin," Lysandra smiled at her through her reflection on the mirror, Aelin gave her a smile. "I should go see if the food is ready." Aelin nodded at her and Lysandra hurried out the door.

She couldn't shake the feeling of nervousness of her, even as she looked up at the ceiling at took twenty deep breaths, she couldn't shake the nausea that kept creeping up on her last night.

Do I deserve this? She kept thinking over and over again. Where were you eleven years ago when the same people downstairs were screaming for help? She shook her head. Not today, put on a smile and walk out that door. She turned to the door only to see Rowan leaning against the threshold.

"I know it's your coronation and you have the right to be nervous but forgive me if I ask, are you okay?"

Aelin looked down at her wrists, scarred from all of the shackles that have ever been placed on her. She didn't notice when Rowan stood in front of her, and gently took her wrists in his calloused hands, and laid a gentle kiss on each.

He leaned down to her neck and whispered, "I love you, and you look absolutely out of this world."

All of the worries on her shoulders just faded away when she felt Rowan's breath caressing her neck. "I know," she replied. She placed her hands on his chest and slowly pulled away to look at him.

He was wearing a tuxedo that was painfully well made to suit his muscles.

"Dang," She said. "I want to see you wear this more often."

His deep laugh bounced off the walls of their castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rowan!" Aedion yelled after him causing the prince to stop and turn around.

"Yes, Aedion?"

"I can't carry this anymore, it makes me too nervous, it's way too expensive. What if I lose it? You could literally kill me. We'll have to sell-" Aedion was interrupted by Rowan's growl.

"I'll give it to Lorcan then," Rowan took his hands out of his pockets and extended it towards Aedion.

"Sorry man," Aedion placed the tiny velvet blue box back in Rowan's hand.

He had spent three days with Aedion and Dorian trying to choose the perfect ring for Aelin, and then they found it, he wasn't going to let a nervous Aedion ruin his proposal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop fiddling," Chaol told Dorian.

"I'm not, you are," Dorian retorted. He'd been waiting for Manon for twenty minutes now. "She's going to show up right?"

"She said yes to being your date tonight, I doubt the Crochan Queen, Leader of the Thirteen got cold feet," Chaol mocked. Yrene just hit him in the shoulder and glared at him. "Ow."

"She'll come," Yrene assured him.

But Dorian wasn't listening, not as his date walked through the doors in the most stunning silver gown. He was so glad he chose to wear the silver bow tie for the coronation.

"I make no apologies for how late I am," She said with a wink.

Dorian just smiled at her.

Author's note - My writer's block is gone, I have so many things to come I am soososo excited. Please tell me if you like this! It's a bit different, more upbeat might I say. Thanks for reading!