Chapter 19

"I missed this," Rowan muttered on her neck.

Aelin gave him a smile when he looked up at her.

She couldn't get enough of him ever since she came back.

A thousand years won't be enough, she thought. Her fingers intertwined in Rowan's hair as she remembered what she wanted.

She wanted kids with him.

"Rowan."

"Hmm?"

"I need to talk to you," she muttered. At that he rose.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything? Lysandra? Should I-" Aelin placed her finger on his lips.

"You're insufferable," She rolled her eyes. But he-he wasn't laughing.

Her gaze fell on his hands as she whispered, "Do you want kids?"

A long pause, a pause that left Aelin regretting her words. "I know after Lyria-"

Rowan placed his hands on Aelin's face, making her look at him. "You are my future, Fireheart. I would love to raise a child with you. I would love to train our daughter to fight like her mother. I would love to train our son how to fly, if he's anything like me of course," He said with a wink, cause Aelin to giggle, "I want eternity with you. I want our kids. I want you." He whispered as he stroked away her tears with his thumb.

"Well, shall we begin?" She said with her signature wicked grin that sent men flying.

Rowan's answering grin was nothing short ravenous.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  "Keep going until she counts," Maeve smirked, and Cairn began.

Aelin jerked against her chains every time the whip hit her back, still healing from the many, many others lashes.

"Please," Fenrys whispered.

Maeve slowly turned her eyes towards Fenrys. "I have an idea, why don't you it from here?" Cairn paused at that. Aelin only looked at the ground she was kneeling on.

He clenched his teeth until the vein on his forehead popped out from strain, strain against the bond.

"Now," Maeve ordered, and he could no longer fight it.
"I'm sorry, I am so so sorry," Fenrys whispered as he knelt beside Aelin to pick up the whip. She only shook her head.

The whips began, and the only sound in the room was Aelin's screaming.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"Wake up," Rowan ordered. Aelin's eyes burst open, her breathing heavy, "Breathe in," He sternly said and so she did, "Breathe out."

"If you're not ready, you don't have to tell me why you were burning through the sheets and the mattress. But if you are, I will listen, whatever you need my love," He stroked her hair as he said that.

She took a few seconds to compose herself before saying, "I'm fine."

He answered with a small smile.

"Go to sleep Fireheart."

And they held onto each other for the rest of the night.

Set Fire to my Atmosphereजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें