03

hoseok cautiously stepped into the abandoned skate park, looking around to see if he could see anyone else. when he had confirmed that he was the only one there, he let out a sigh of relief. the boy then continued to walk over to a lonesome bench in the shade. before sitting he looked around one more time to make sure no one had shown up. he then pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lit one up. he breathed in the poisonous smoke and then let it all out once he removed the stick from his mouth.

the boy felt sparks in his stomach, almost like mini fireworks. he felt something he hadn't felt in a very long time, alive. it had almost been two weeks since he last smoked and it wasn't by choice. he had been around family and friends too much to even think about pulling out his escape from reality. he sure as hell wasn't going to let anyone know he smokes.

the only person who did know was the guy who worked at the convenience store. he worked nights every saturday at the gas station two cities over. hoseok would go there and stock up on cigarettes for the next week every saturday at 3 a.m. this way no one knew about his deadly addiction. while he was there, he would occasionally pick up the weed he buys from a drug dealer he met while smoking in an abandoned park. it was a routine hoseok had adapted to. he had a whole secret life that no one knew about. a world inside his head.

as hoseok finished off his cigarette he decided he should head back to his friends. although they had forgotten his existence during their argument, it was only a matter of time before they realized that their beloved sunshine had disappeared.

◦ ◦ ◦

how are you all liking this so far?