Chapter Two: Blue Moon

I watched as the liquid slowly escaped the bottle and filled up the glass cup

I watched as the liquid slowly escaped the bottle and filled up the glass cup. I filled it up halfway and screwed the bottle cap back on tightly before carefully placing the bottle on the large cabinet filled with alcohol bottles behind me. The glass cabinet filled with a vast variety of alcohol and different beverages was my favorite part of my bar, Blue Moon.

Bringing the glass to my lips, I savored the taste of the alcohol as it slowly went down my throat. The bitter taste was almost unnoticeable compared to the annoying complaints of my brother Gavin as he talked my ear off.

Even though I was working tonight, I needed to have some type of alcoholic drink to deal with my brother and this conversation.

"I'm serious man, I think Valerie is trying to break me. I mean, don't get me wrong the sex is fantastic but if she keeps bending me like a pretzel, I'm gonna die young"

I grimaced and shook my head at my brother's disturbing story. He was currently talking my ear off about his current fling Valerie. Though I was always there for my brother, I didn't want to be here any longer. The more I listened to his disturbing story of his fling and him in bed, the more my appetite broke into a million pieces.

"Just break it off with her, what is she number five of the week?" I asked Gavin.

Narrowing his eyes, Gavin scoffed, "She's actually only three"

Rolling my eyes, I snorted, "Like that makes the situation any better asshole"

Though Gavin was younger than me, he has slept with more women than I could count. At the young age of twenty-two, he slept with more women than I've been with in two years. Though it wasn't a big number, Gavin's number of women most likely hit the double digits.

I had no clue why he would want to waste his time sleeping with random women. I found no pleasure in being with someone I met an hour before I took her to bed. Except, I knew there was no stopping Gavin no matter how hard I tried to knock some sense into him. It was only a matter of time until Gavin ended up getting a girl pregnant.

That was the last thing I needed on my plate.

"When's Willa getting here?" Gavin asked.

I looked at my watch and back at the doors, "Should be here any minute, why?"

Willa Brooks was my sister Olivia's best friend. Since Willa's parents were second in command when my father was leader of our pack, we've been close friends with the Brooks ever since. It only made sense that Willa and Olivia were the best of friends considering they grew up together since diapers.

I knew Gavin had a thing for Willa but I always kept my mouth shut about it. I secretly thought they were mates, but every time I brought up the subject Gavin threatened to punch me.

"It's only a matter of time before his love explodes!" I chuckled as my best friend and second in command Preston joined us.

Preston Walker was the joker and clown of my group. Though he was a smart businessman who owned half the bar with me, he was never serious. Preston grew up with Gavin and I and always managed to get underneath either of our skins.