Chapter Seven: Too Crowded

"Hey there, beautiful" I rolled my eyes and placed down the beer in front of the customer

"Hey there, beautiful" I rolled my eyes and placed down the beer in front of the customer. "Nice ass sweetheart"

Turning around, I ignored him like I have been for the past hour and started filling up the glasses. For some odd reason, the bar has been crowded. Even though it was a Friday, it was completely crowded. Every single seat was taken which was shocking. On Friday's the bar is never crowded except Frank who passes out drunk.

I had no idea what to even do with all these people here. I even had to call in reinforcements which means I had to call my sisters, Willa and Nick to help bartend and wait tables while Quinn worked hard in the kitchen. I was working so hard, I was sweating through my black T-shirt. I was thankful for the dark color so I didn't flash sweat circles to my customers.

Gross.

"Where the hell did all these people come from?" Gracie asked, coming up beside me. She piled her hair up into a bun, her body covered in sweat as well.

I was thankful that Gracie and Echo were staying in their own corners and getting the job done. I was surprised though that they weren't ripping each other's hair out. Rather, they were both sweating their asses off trying to help me run the bar. I was even sure I saw a shared smile between the two.

Shrugging, I leaned against the counter trying to catch my breath, "No clue, they just all started piling in"

"Maybe there's some plague that's going around that killed off the other bars" Echo joked, taking the other place beside me.

Chuckling, I nodded, "That seems like a possibility considering this place is so far in the dumps"

Gracie and Echo shared a look and Echo shook her head, "Don't do that Lara. You've put too much work and effort in this bar to say it's trash"

Wringing my hands together, I heaved a heavy sigh, "I guess you're right but you can't tell me this crowd is because of me. I mean look at this place, the wallpaper is falling off the walls for hell's sake and I'm pretty sure I saw a mouse crawling around earlier"

"Can I get a beer over here?" A man asked from the end of the bar. Gracie nodded and reached for the bottle.

"It just doesn't make any sense guys, this place barely saw three customers a week and now we are overcrowded with more than fifteen customers. It just makes no sense"

I watched as Willa dropped off the tray of food to table six and smiled down at the table filled with five people. She laughed at something the girl said and quickly left, only returning to bring them a bottle of ketchup.

Turning back towards my siblings, I sighed, "Thanks for helping out tonight"

The girls each planted a kiss on my cheek, "We got your back always"

Smiling, I watched as they each went back to work. I grabbed the glasses on the bar to bring back to the kitchen. The creepy flirt was still sitting at the bar, his eyes watching my every move but I pretended that I wasn't paying attention. Realistically, I could care less about him, but just the idea that someone was watching me made me feel uncomfortable.